Liquid Error on Collection page

NYR
1 0 0

Hi, 

The collection pages on my website show this message: "Could not find asset snippets/spurit_dmr_collection_template_snippet.liquid".

How can I remove this? Need your support. Thanks

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

Hey there, @NYR 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I hope you're doing well. From what you have described in your post, it sounds like an app has been uninstalled but has managed to leave some code behind it. What you can do to resolve this error message is remove the line from your collection-template.liquid or roll back your theme.

Removing the Code:

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. 

2. Open the Sections folder and then the collection-template.liquid. 

3. Search for "spurit_dmr_collection_template_snippet", the error message on your storefront might even have the line number for you. 

4. Add {% comment %} to the start of this line and {% endcomment %} to the end of this line. 

5. Click Save. 

Alternatively, you could just roll your collection-template.liquid back to its original form, however, this will revert any changes you have made to the collection-template.liquid.  

1. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. 

2. Open the Sections folder and then the collection-template.liquid. 

3. Click Older versions next to the .liquid file name

5. Click the drop-down menu to select an older version. Clicking a datestamp will roll the code back to that saved version.

6. Click Save. 

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend reading this guide on getting help with your theme in the Shopify Community. It is extremely important that you let us know essential details when it comes to theme issues such as the name of the theme in use, a link to the affected page, and whether any code changes or app installations happened recently.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes