Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/tipo.alsobought.script.liquid -- HELP!

Solved
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello,

On my live site it shows this error:

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/tipo.alsobought.script.liquid

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 10.48.23 PM.png

I'm not too sure what this is from or how to fix it. Can someone please help! 

Thank-you,

Winston 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
49 13 16

Hi @WinstonT ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in. Based on the screenshot and error code you are seeing, it looks like there may be some remaining code from an app that may have been removed from your store. Possibly this one? You can actually reach out to the app developer directly to see how you can remove this lingering code. If it is the Tipo app, you can contact them directly here.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable, you can try to find the code yourself. Where exactly are you seeing this liquid error on your site? Specifically, are you seeing it on every page of your site? If so, likely there may be something in your theme.liquid file. To access your theme.liquid file from your admin navigate to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code.

Here, you can access your theme files to try to find where this lingering code may be. Use the find control (cmd+F on Mac, cntrl+F on Windows) to search for terms that may locate the code - I would start with searching "tipo" or "tipo.alsobought" to find where this remaining code may be.

If you do find a line of code with this term in it, you can use the comment functions to essentially mute the line. To do this, you would add a {% comment %} tag to the begging of the line and {% endcomment %} tag to the end. This would end up looking something like this:

{% comment %} line related to Tipo app {% endcomment %}

Using this comment function allows you to safely mute lines of code. If you decide that this did not resolve the issue, you can remove the comment tags to revert the changes you made.

It's important to remove any redundant or left over code that can slow down the page load speed, doing so will help optimize their site for speed. If you're not sure how to do this, one of our Shopify Experts may be a great resource for expertise on this. And, if you're interested in learning more about SEO I thought this blog post may be a great read for tips on how to rank higher!

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes