Liquid error: Error in tag 'section'

Solved
Highlighted
9 0 0

Need some help. While working on site speed, I noticed many apps that were previously deleted, leave code remnants in my theme file. I was running thru and deleting them. I duplicate my theme multiple times as I was going to make sure there were no errors. Bottom line, I'm done. My site is faster BUT I get this error. I can't find the code to fix it. Any ideas would be helpful. I no longer use the product-custom-section so I don't need it but I don't want this error showing up on my site. Any help!

Liquid error: Error in tag 'section' - 'product-custom-section' is not a valid section type

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @David157 ,

I think you should check the template named "Product.liquid". May be the section file named 'product-custom-section' is getting included in that file or you should check other Liquid files which may contain that file. 

Just delete the code which should look like this 

{% section 'product-custom-section' %}

Another Way :- 
If you are unable to locate that file, you just need to create an Empty section file with the same name, the error will be gone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need the same help can someone help me I don’t want that error showing up on my site at the bottom 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 10 20

hey @Royalty04 ,

If the issue isn't resolved yet, then please do share the screenshot of where you are getting this error.

0 Likes