Liquid error: product form must be given a product shows randomly on Product Page

Nayuki
Visitor
3 0 0

Today on April 13th, I started noticing the error message on my Product Page in the Recommended products section:

Liquid error (product-form line 35): product form must be given a product

This error shows instead of the Add to Cart button.

This error message randomly shows up though. For example the page may load properly, and then refreshing it 2-3 times it may show the error message instead of the Add to Cart button.

Sometimes it will show up on first load of the product page as well.

I am currently using the Turbo theme by Out of the Sandbox. 

I have tested an older version of my theme.

Also a fresh install of the Turbo theme.

Also an older theme called Shella.

They all display this error message in place of where the Add to Cart button is in the Recommended Products section of the Product Page.

The error message shows up randomly.

Does anyone else have experience with this or have any ideas what could be causing this, or how to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Replies 7 (7)

JohnsonGith
7 0 0

This error occurs right from when you're uploading your products using CSV files. 

I would like to ask you if you ensure the Shopify format of CSV before uploading your product....

Did you try to edit your products and make sure they are 100% correct?

these are the things that can cause the problems.

Try to check your CSV files and ensure it's in the right format.

Nayuki
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Johnson, I don't upload any products using CSV files.

I haven't created any new product listings for a few weeks now.

This error only started to show up today.

VedranD
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

We noticed the same error happening on our sites starting from yesterday, April 14th.  That error was not there before. Theme code is unchanged and we are passing product object to product form as per the documentation, so all should be working properly. 

We noticed that error comes and goes on refresh. Do we have any information about what happened? Is there any backend change in how product forms work. I couldn't find any information about it.

JohnsonGith
7 0 0

Hello guys, sorry for replying to your messages lately. Have you been able to solve the problems?

If not, let me help, I can help you, trust me, the problem is from the theme installed. You will need to edit your already installed theme code through liquid files.

JohnsonGith
7 0 0

The problem is the already installed theme. You will have to edit the code to fix the error!

Nayuki
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, so far it seems like the problem resolved itself on Thursday after the time of the Shopify outtage around 4-5 pm EST.

I'm still cautious about it though and still observing.

We'll be adding the Sezzle app and widgets back next week and see if anything happens with the Liquid Error.

Out of the Sandbox (developer of the Turbo theme I'm using) did write back to me saying that they fixed an issue with their Theme Updater app on Thursday and that the app may have had something to do with the Liquid Errors.

It's all very puzzling. Why would the Theme Updater app be affecting the live themes and non-OOSB themes in my Theme Library as well?

I'm just relieved that it appears tentatively fixed.

VedranD
Visitor
3 0 0

I don't believe it was something you or we did. I strongly believe something was happening in the Shopify backend.

Good that now the problem is solved for you too.

Good luck.