Live Website Redesign Developer / Partner Access

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello Shopify Community!

I have a client website that is currently LIVE. They would like me to completely redesign their website using another template, with custom modules and some bells and whistles. I know there are ways for Shopify Partners to develop stores, but this usually is limited visually since many paid apps won't be accessible. I know you can use theme that is unpublished and preview, but this also comes with drawbacks with menus, apps, and most importantly - testing custom schema blocks and using the panel editor (unless I'm missing something with the "edit page" button that toggles the fly out schema menu).

I am familiar with development on platforms like WordPress that offer true standalone development options, but I am curious what the best way is for developers to do a full, visually true redesign of a website that they can test and QA with a client in a visually and developmentally cohesive environment?

Thank you kindly for your feedback on this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 2

Hello 

Hope you are doing well 

Could you please share the existing website .?

I am ready to discuss with you now and can share my experience that how we can make your Client website to  the next level according your client requirements .

Looking froward to working with you 

Regards
Shilpa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi mate, thanks for your response. I should have clarified better that this is more of a 'best practices' question vs looking for a developer. We have a development team that knows the mentioned ways of developing on Shopify, I was just curious if there had been any updates in last year to the platform that development more seamless and accurate in regards to what a client can expect from a final product.

Thanks again! Be well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1075 173 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

You can use the custom schema blocks & use the "customize" panel editor on a development store. In actuality, apart from installing paid apps, you can do pretty much everything. 

I reckon that what you're asking is how to setup a local environment for theme development, am I right?

If so, kindly refer to this. It will certainly help you!

Let me know whether you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Ah, thank you kindly! This is what I was looking for.

Appreciate it! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1075 173 211

@Goldendust20 you're very welcome! 

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like