Local Delivery Postcode Range Restrictions

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi

I have setup local delivery for a client in the UK. They want to deliver to anyone in the postcode areas PL1 *** - PL9 *** so I have setup as:

PL1 *, PL2 *, PL3 *, PL4 *, PL5 *, PL6 *, PL7 *, PL8 *, PL9 *

The only trouble is, postcodes exist for PL10 and up which are being picked up by this filter. Is there a way of writing the range above which restricts PL10 ***? I have tried adding a space to conform to the postcode format but it is being ignored. Does the system use regex?!

Thanks

Gareth

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm having the same issue did you have any joy? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 341

You'll have to just define the entire list.

Submit feedback for the docs at the bottom of the page https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shipping/setting-up-and-managing-your-shipping/local-methods/loca...

For some reason they chose to do a global match with the space character itself which confuses matters.

Normally Asterisks in match systems are used to match everything from that character position on.

Maddeningly to try and test things when saving it will also strip spaces out, so if you try "PL3 " it gets stripped to "PL3"

And of course negation doesn't work "-PL31"

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

No joy yet… still on the case though. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

@PaulNewton - yeah, seemed to be ignoring the spaces. Full list not really an option! Feedback going in!…
0 Likes