How to set up local delivery for specific UK postcodes?

Zack86
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

How do I set up local delivery for postcodes EH1 *** without including EH10 ***, EH11 ***, etc...

Zack

Replies 8 (8)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @Zack86!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you so much for connecting with our network and sharing your question. To create detailed local delivery guidelines and limitations, you will actually want to use an app specifically designed to do so. 

I did some research for you to help you find the perfect fit, and came up with these top contenders:

Either one of these apps promises to limit specific locations, and even alter rates by delivery zone. Make sure to check out the reviews for each one and look for a free trial to see which will work best for you.

I trust that will work, but don't hesitate to connect with me if other questions come up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

janebodx
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Zack

Did you find an app that worked for you in setting local delivery to UK postcodes - all the Apps suggested I have looked at mention zip codes not UK postcodes.

we have similar issue to you with arranging deliveries dates to blocks of postcodes in North East where NE1 and NE11 are in different delivery blocks/zones (and dates when we deliver) but as for you, Shopify assumes they are in the same 😞   

Cheers

Clare

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for your comment, @janebodx

I know your question was directed at @Zack86, but I did want to share that many delivery restriction apps include the option of zip codes and/or postcodes to meet global merchant needs. Have you reached out to the App Developers of the apps I recommended above to discuss if their solution can work for your needs?

Warm regards,

Zack86
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Jane,

After speaking with shopify help I was advised they are working on sorting the code so it will work with UK postcodes, (seems like a simple fix in my mind but nothing yet). I managed to get a list of every postcode my local delivery courier will ship to but the list is about 10000 long and there is a limit on local deliveries.

I'm currently using Local Delivery Rate by Zipcode just so this limit is removed and I have copy and pasted the full list of postcodes that we ship to locally. Hoping there is a fix soon so I don't have to waste money on a feature that is given free to everyone else.

jamesliu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Zack,

I've just hit this exact issues while looking at setting up local delivery for a client. Did you hear any updates from Shopify? Cheers!

@Olivia - Is there a way of tracking or upvoting this issue? Thanks!

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks so much for reaching out, @jamesliu!

I have submitted your feedback for consideration - thank you for that. While I don't have any other public information to share at this time, if this feature request is added you can expect to find it on our changelog page. 

That's a great page to bookmark to stay updated on new releases and features.

Warm regards,

aB1266
Visitor
1 0 0

After a hour of trying different things I realised you can limit the postcode search using dashes.

So try AB1--- 

This will allow AB11AB and not AB131AB 

Hope it helps someone 👍

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thank you so much for reviving this thread and adding your feedback, @aB1266.

I do trust that this information will be valuable to some of our future readers so we appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Warm regards,