Local Pickup - customise order notification email

RACHEL_COBURN
1 0 0

Hi All - I started using today the "local pickup" option for orders in my store. The "help centre" page on how to add the location and manage it etc was very helpful up until the part where it says you can customise the order notification the customer receives if they select local pick up. It states "For the Order confirmation email template, you can add content related to pickup by wrapping it in the following liquid variable: {% if order.pickup_in_store? %}"

I have tried a few times to add this into my order confirmation template and I keep getting an error. Can anyone help with this please (and thank you)

0 Likes
Ellen5
Tourist
5 0 1

I am also having trouble customizing my email ... right now I have this...

{% capture email_title %}Thank you for your purchase! {% endcapture %}
{% capture email_body %}
{% if requires_shipping %}
Hi {{ customer.first_name }}, we're getting your order ready. We will notify you when it has shipped.
{% endif %}
{% if order.pickup_in_store? %}
Hi {{ customer.first_name }}, we have received your order. Please wait to come pick it up until you receive another email confirming that it is ready for pickup.
{% endif %}
{% endcapture %}

But for a store pickup order, the shipping part shows up in the customers email too... is there a way to format it so that the shipping customer gets one thing and the store pickup customer gets the other? I also have to consider that for items that do not need shipping at all (like gift cards) I dont want it to say any of the extra text... Just thank you for your purchase.IMG_4657.jpg

thank you for any help!!!

0 Likes
Octipus
Excursionist
25 2 6

I believe the correct syntax is:

{% capture email_body %}
{% if fulfillment.requires_shipping %}
Hi {{ customer.first_name }}, we're getting your order ready. We will notify you when it has shipped.
{%- else %}
Hi {{ customer.first_name }}, we have received your order. Please wait to come pick it up until you receive another email confirming that it is ready for pickup.
{% endif %}
{% endcapture %}

Let me know how it goes!

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Ellen5
Tourist
5 0 1

the only thing is .. if someone buys a gift card or a product that does not require shipping and I use the code you provided I believe it will send them the store pickup info in the confirmation... any thoughts?

0 Likes
Ellen5
Tourist
5 0 1

also... I believe with the code you provided the shipping info will still show up to the pickup customers because I think pickup products are under the "requires shipping" umbrella 

0 Likes
kimar
1 0 0

This is quite poorly documented but the liquid variable is :

{% if pickup_in_store? %} your text here {% endif %}

In my case, customers can chose to pickup their order from one of various locations but I couldn't find how to get the actual pickup location for the current order ("location" object wasn't referenced in the Order Confirmation template) so I linked back to the order detail page where the pickup location is confirmed:

{% if pickup_in_store? %}Your pickup location is available on your <a href="{{ order_status_url }}">order detail page</a>.{% endif %}
0 Likes
sheccid
1 0 0
Hi, thanks for the info. I tried it and the confirmation email presents both messages, the one for shipping and the one for pickup.
0 Likes
SummerRHanson
2 0 0

Thanks for sharing the variable name, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Here's what worked for me:

{% capture email_body %}
  {% if requires_shipping %}
    Hi {{ customer.first_name }}, {% if order.pickup_in_store? %}
We'll notify you as soon as your order is ready for pickup! Our current store pickup hours are 11am - 2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. To pick up your order once it is ready, just come by the store anytime during these hours, knock on the door, step 6 feet back, and be ready with your name and order number. Our address is 5309 22nd Ave NW Ste B, Seattle, WA 98107.
{% else %} We're packaging your order with care -- and no plastic! We will notify you when it has been shipped.{% endif %}
  {% endif %}
{% endcapture %}
0 Likes
accessibledev
Tourist
11 1 1

Are you still using this workaround or has anyone figured out how to display the selected pickup location in an email notification?

0 Likes