Local Pickup

adray
1 0 0

We are offering local pickup from our warehouse - but only for large bulk orders.

We have successfully added our warehouse locations and have them available when checking out, however we cannot find an area to specify the minimum spend or minimum quantity to allow for pickup.

Does anybody know of a plugin or workaround to make this happen? Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
998 61 164

Hi, @adray

Tira here to help. 

Thanks for spending the time to research this. I appreciate it. This is correct, when setting up Local pickup in the Shopify admin, there isn’t an option to set a minimum spend or quantity for Local pickups.

At the checkout, customers will experience the following when Local pickup is an option for them:

1) All the products in the cart are eligible for pickup.

2) All the products are available in inventory at a pickup location.

3) The customer doesn't choose an unsupported accelerated checkout method. If they choose one of the following in the first step of the checkout then the pickup option is not available to them.

• Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
  • Amazon Pay
  • PayPal

It sounds like you only want to have Local pickup available based on the value of the order. As a workaround, I recommend setting up a free shipping rate based on the order value, or on the order weight.

Check out our help docs for the steps to set this up:

Free shipping for over a certain value
Free shipping for over a certain weight

When naming your shipping rate (in step 3, from the help docs linked above), I would suggest naming your rate 'Local pickup' so that customers can choose this option and so that you can also see this rate name when you are fulfilling orders. As this is a workaround, it won't work the same way as Local pickup does when setting it up, and you won't be able to give customers special instructions for pickup.

I also understand how this would make a big impact on your store, and I would love to send your thoughts to our developers so that they are aware of how we can improve Shopify for you and all of our merchants. Before I do, would you be able to expand on your need to only have pickup available for bulk orders? That would help myself and our developers understand more of why this is important to you. 

Talk soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes