Is there a feature allowing admin login as customer on Shopify?

gustavo-garcia
Shopify Partner
14 0 6

Does anyone know if there a feature or application to allow admin to "log in as customer"?

we need the admin can log in as a customer in the frontend site.

Replies 84 (84)
Ghorton
Tourist
8 0 3
Hello

We are a plus user.

Can we see app please
mbrinton
Visitor
2 0 3

Please share the name of the app, the cost, feature list and where to get it.  Thanks!

Ghorton
Tourist
8 0 3

Hello.  Is there anyone who knows if this exists or not?

Runeskovbo
Shopify Partner
12 0 9

Hi Ghorton

Fair question 🙂

Yes, it does exist and is currently being tested internally at the client we initially built this for.

This is not an app you will just be able to install and be done with, we'll have to do some implementations from our side in order to make it work.

So, requirements so far:
Shopify Plus
Implementation work from our side
Some license (not specified yet)

We were hoping to have a video demo ready last week, but we did not have the time i'm afraid. Untill then, and if you are still interested, send me a mail at ras@novicell.dk and I will arrange for a demo for you 🙂

Regards,

Rune

jhartwell
Shopify Partner
34 1 13

I will just chime in and say that I am moving from X-Cart to Shopify and X-Cart has this ability. THIS IS A VERY, VERY important ability, because many times a user will say that a coupon doesn't work, they can't see any discounts, or a feature is not working for them and it helps to login as the user to see exactly what they are seeing. 

mbrinton
Visitor
2 0 3
Exactly! This happens almost every day with our customers.
awaidanjum
12 0 0

For this feature you have to upgrade to Shopify Plus 

Jay_Williams1
Tourist
6 0 2

You guys should not make something so elementary that obviously everyone needs a force into Shopify Plus.  I mean you guys realize what a joke it is to have a jump from $299 to $2500???

WebEx
Shopify Partner
26 0 8

We have implemented a workaround; A chat support module that allows remote support, customers can share their view with us via the chat support and we can help them this way. its not the same but it works for us.

khard
Shopify Partner
22 1 8

Do you have docs or additional info on this? Very interested.

Runeskovbo
Shopify Partner
12 0 9

Hi @khard 

Not much outside of a demo, I'm afraid.

There is a bit here: https://www.novicell.dk/cases/pilgrim/ under "Pilgrim udvidcer med B2B-webshop 2021". But it's in Danish. The solution is live now though.

Regards,
Rune

NatalieKeane
6 0 0

hi did you ever build this app?

warise
Visitor
2 0 0

We are interested in this option.  We have customers call who do not want to order online, or are having difficulty etc.  The ability to log in as them allows them to see the options right in front of them while speaking with the customer.  It provides a better experience for both sides, and is a faster solution then any other work around we have found.  

We also use ReCharge for subscriptions which means the check out has to go through the Shopify portal-  when doing a manual entry the subscription options are not shown as options for us to choose while on the phone with a customer.    

- Thank you

procarenow.myshopify.com

gustavo-garcia
Shopify Partner
14 0 6

Guys, as your store grows Shopify it becomes a pain in the ass, you need to move to something else that provides out-of-box customizations.

MartianProducti
Tourist
3 0 4

Like what platforms? 

Magefan
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Magefan have develop the first and most popular Login as Customer app for Magento 2 in 2015, and then in 2020 transferred its copyright to Adobe and the app becomes a part of Magento.

Today we have great news for all the Shopify community. We've finished developing Login as Customer app for Shopify and it is now listed at Shopify app store. Use this link to check it:

https://apps.shopify.com/login-as-customer 

The first release is available only for the Shopify Plus members that have multiples feature, but soon it will be available for the Shopify Basic members as well. 

warise
Visitor
2 0 0

Does this allow me to place an order as the customer?  How quickly am I able to get into the account to place an order for the customer?  I have older clients who are not the most tech savy and just want us to do it, we are also using ReCharge for subscriptions which makes manual orders inside Shopify+ not an option because then I cannot set up an order that way either and choose the subscription options.    

Magefan
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello @warise , yes it does. Once you log in to the customer account you can perform any actions for the customer.

Magefan
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

@gustavo-garcia , @Runeskovbo , @bleopold@AusBuzz  , @Ghorton , @CaraO , @aaeglass , @JLG1 , @MartianProducti , @WebEx

Magefan have develop the first and most popular Login as Customer app for Magento 2 in 2015, and then in 2020 transferred its copyright to Adobe and the app becomes a part of Magento.

Today we have great news for all the Shopify community. We've finished developing Login as Customer app for Shopify and it is now listed at Shopify app store. Use this link to check it:

https://apps.shopify.com/login-as-customer 

The first release is available only for the Shopify Plus members that have multiples feature, but soon it will be available for the Shopify Basic members as well 😉

jhartwell
Shopify Partner
34 1 13

If I remember correctly, don’t Plus customers already have this feature? Why release for them and not the others?

Runeskovbo
Shopify Partner
12 0 9

Hi @jhartwell 

Shopify Plus enables the posibility to create something like Impersonation (through Mulitpass) but there is no functionality built.

With what we've built, we use Multipass in combination with costumer data and frontend handeling, in order to actually make it usable for agents/sales without the need to log into Shopifys admin.

Hope that explains it a bit 🙂

/Rune 

jwpc
Visitor
1 0 0

Since Multipass is required to log in as a customer without their password, how will you be able to implement this for a non-Plus shop?

Runeskovbo
Shopify Partner
12 0 9

Hi @jwpc 

Unfornunately we would not be able to do that at this point.

Shopify Plus is a requirement.

marylabs
Shopify Partner
22 0 3

Until recently I've known there is such a feature only in Magento, but the same vendor has released an app for Shopify too. It's Login As Customer App. I believe it does what you're looking for.

jhartwell
Shopify Partner
34 1 13

I installed the app and unfortunately, when I try to login as the customer, it is asking for a long and password, so it never worked for me and no response from tech support in 5-days.

Magefan
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

We're realy sorry for missing your email. For some reason, it got into the spam folder.

The "Incorrect password or login" issue appears if you want to log in to a customer account and the customer hasn't granted you access to his account.

So in this case, to be able to log in you have to request assistance or change the customer password or login. We talk more about this here: https://magefan.com/shopify/apps/login-as-customer/incorrect-email-or-password

NatalieKeane
6 0 0

Hi Did you ever develop this?

WebEx
Shopify Partner
26 0 8

There's a good app for this now, magefan login as customer!

Hamamao
Tourist
8 0 0
Megefan is ok, and I use it, but it is not perfect, Thanks
NatalieKeane
6 0 0

thought we had cracked it finding this app, unfortunatly when we log in as the customer we cant see that set customers catalog

WebEx
Shopify Partner
26 0 8

You mean the shopping cart?

NatalieKeane
6 0 0

the pricing, when the customer logs in themselves they can see their shopify catalog but when we use magefan and log in as them we cant see it. if that makes sense. we have a set catalog set up for certain customers only. on their end they can see that but when i log in as them i only see our standard pricing not their pricing

WebEx
Shopify Partner
26 0 8

Ah, with us this works. What do you use for custom pricing for your customers?

NatalieKeane
6 0 0

just the shopify catalogs itself. could it be because these customers are linked to a B2B account

Magefan
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

@NatalieKeane , could you please email us (https://magefan.com/contact) our support team will try to help with this issue.