Login as Customer

Tourist
13 0 1

Does anyone know if there a feature or application to allow admin to "log in as customer"?

we need the admin can log in as a customer in the frontend site.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 16 36

Hi, @gustavo-garcia

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for posting this question. 

To log in as a customer on your own storefront, I recommend creating a customer account for yourself on your website, just as a regular customer would. To see this option, make sure to have customer accounts enabled within your admin.

Creating this customer account will require you to use an email address and create a unique password tied to your customer account only. Once you're logged in to this account, you will be able to see the order history, as well as account details - such as saved addresses - tied to your account. 

Is this the type of setup you're looking for? 

Please feel free to share some additional information about why you're looking to login as a customer on your own site, and what details you're hoping to see when you do this. Once I have more context regarding this, I'll be glad to help further. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

No, I refer to the Admin can log in with any customer account in the storefront. The feature is called "Login as customer". Example. In the customer list, the admin can click in one and then log in as a customer in the storefront. 

This app is for Magento(Login as customer ) but I'm looking for similar for Shopify.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 16 36

Hi, @gustavo-garcia!

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. 

All of the information listed within a customer's account can be found directly inside the 'Customers'  section of your Shopify admin. This document outlines all of the details that are listed in this section. With this in mind, can you tell me a bit more about why you're looking for this specific option? 

While there isn't currently an app within the Shopify App Store that offers this functionality, I recommend speaking with Shopify Experts about this to find out if it's possible to have this feature built or coded into your site. Experts are third party developers and designers who are especially skilled in our platform, so they're the best people to discuss this with further. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there,

I was searching for the same (I think) solution and just wanted to add a bit of background to our needs.

In my view this is mostly a B2B feature, where an area salesman or agent, can view a list of all the customers that belongs to his/her district og customer portfolio. Now, when the agent visits or is contacted by a customer, the agent can select that specific customer from the list and log in on the customers behalf and place an order.

This also means that each customer has to be linked/paired to a specific agent - maybe just trough "tags".

I haven't found this option in Shopify and our plan is therefore to create a small "login site" in front of Shopify, that the agent can log in to. We will then have an integration running, that syncs the customers between Shopify and this mini site and now we should be able to utilize "Multipass" (https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/plus/multipass) to allow the agent to log in as the user.

That's the rough plan at least :-)

@Rae  Does this sound doable?

@gustavo-garcia Is that in line what what you need?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
250 16 36

Hi, @Runeskovbo!

Thanks for reaching out to share these details. I can see how a feature like this would be beneficial for your business, as well as other businesses. 

It sounds like the setup you're working on is quite complex, and requires API functionality, which is outside of the scope of our general Support team. So, I recommend speaking with Shopify Experts further to find out if it's possible to create this on your storefront. However, please keep in mind that the Multipass API feature you mentioned is only available to Shopify Plus merchants. 

In the meantime, have you had to chance look into the B2B Private Store app? This app offers the ability to lock the store, and only display content to approved users. For your particular site, you may be able to use this app to create accounts for your agents, and this will allow only these individuals to login to your site and place orders on behalf of their clients. B2B Verify Customers is another app that offers similar functionality, and may work well for your business, too. However, these are both third party integrations, so if you have any questions or concerns about using these apps, please reach out to the app developers directly for more information. 

Feel free to reply back to me here if you have any other questions or concerns! 

0 Likes
2 0 1

Did you find a solution to this? We need an identical functionality.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

@bleopold No, there is no app to do this. You need to use https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/plus/multipass

1 Like
2 0 0

@bleopold - We are working on a solution to do this.

However, as mentioned before you have to be a Shopify Plus client to be able to do it.

Just out of curiosity, are you a Shopify Plus client? Trying to get a sense of the market here :-)

0 Likes