Login with username

Highlighted
2 0 0

i want to use email instead of username in login . Is it anyway possible? I can modify the registration form already but can't use the username field. Any idea or tips how to do this ?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
1931 112 242

Hi @linpap,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can you just clarify what login you for this exactly, please? My mind instantly thinks of your Shopify store login, but it's possible to log in with your email address also. Once to confirm which exact log in you mean, I can take a closer look into this for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am trying to make my customers login with username instead of email id to purchase products. Is this any way possible? If so can you guide me how ?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
1931 112 242

Thanks for getting back to me about this @linpap.

From what you're saying, it seems like a membership/ lock app might be what you're looking for. The primary function of one of these apps would be to have certain aspects of your store locked for members. Each app would have different features regarding your question of customers being able to sign in with usernames as well as emails, and it would be worth exploring through the apps to find one you resonate with that does what you're looking for it to do. I had a look through the Shopify app store to find some of the apps which I thought could potentially work for you. Let's take a look at them below:

Hopefully one of these apps can do what you need it to do. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes