Loop Google Fields

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'd like to be able to access the "Google Fields" which are edited through "more actions" at the top of editing a product.

We have products with many variants but a single option (size) but we'd like to be able to add the colour without adding as another option, so we can access it for our customer feeds. The colour is currently in the product title, and description.

Are we able to access these fields through Liquid using the product object? I can't find any reference to it.

If we can't access it, is there any other way we can add a named tag that we can reference through the liquid product object?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've since seen it's worth using key:value tags. ie, color:blue, color: red, etc

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
45 11 11

This is an accepted solution.

@shhopify,

You won't be able to access the Google Fields using Liquid because they are not a native feature of Shopify, but rather a feature of a third-party app you're using.

First, I would see if there's any documentation for the third-party app or contact its developer directly – they may be willing to help.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/getting-support

In the meantime... if I've understood you correctly, you could try this code to expose the colour in your Liquid code:

{% assign colour = product.title | split: ' - ' | last %}

This code is only an example and assumes your titles are set up like "Product Name - Colour".

I hope this helps.

Was your problem solved? Please mark this post as an Accepted Solution
1 Like