MY FACEBOOK SHOP ONLY DISPLAYS ONE IMAGE FOR EACH PRODUCT - IT DOES NOT SHOW ALL OF THE IMAGES

Derek2020
Visitor
2 0 4

I have set up set up my Shopify/Facebook Sales Channel Shop and have customized my shop, but I have one problem. With regards to my products that have more than one image (i.e., front view, back view, right side view, left side view, etc.) my Facebook Shop is only displaying one image for each product, i.e., the main image such as the front view.  It does not show ALL of the images for each product.  If a customer wants to see more images of the product, they have to click all the way to my Shopify store (which displays ALL the images for each product).  

Is there a way to have all of the images associated with a given product also show up in my Facebook shop?

Replies 21 (21)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hey, @Derek2020.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. At this time, the Facebook Channel has a limitation of one image per variant, and no additional images. This is due to the way the channel syncs for shopping and how the integration is built-in to communicate.

As such, there are no workarounds to force additional images, but you do have full control over your feature images. Consider capturing photographs that provide a more well-rounded view of your products so as to encourage your customers to click-through to your site for additional views. Doing so can also increase your average order value and encourage repeat customers.

Alternatively, you can even get a little extra creative and create custom Facebook images for a 360 degree view by combining separate image views into one.

Let me know if you have any further questions around this.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

enrosed
Visitor
1 0 0

Is it still like this? Becouse I also like to sync all my pictures instead of one.

Kind regards
Enrosed

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @enrosed!

Welcome to Shopify Community.

Yes, this is currently still a limitation of the Facebook Sales Channel. Should there be any changes or updates in the future, you can expect to find them in our changelog page.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BBStorm
Excursionist
24 0 11

I was able to get multiple pictures on my site using this site. 

Fix missing fields on facebook's Shopify feed. 

NickN1
Excursionist
11 0 9

I am very surprised that over 1.5 years Shopify hasn't fixed this "limitation" yet. If you notice people are using workarounds by adding their own code to their collections and pages. This should be fixed by Shopify asap. There are other platforms that do have full integration with Facebook and send over all product images (even for products with variants.) 

PLEASE escalate this issue to management and have them prioritize fixing this problem. It's ridiculous that you are suggesting merchants get "creative" and take more pictures or other strange ideas to fix Shopify's problem. 

MidnightGretch
Visitor
1 0 0

Solution- On Facebook, go to Commerce Manager- Catalog- Items. Click the box next to the listing you want to add additional photos to, then click the edit button above. Add the photos and save. This works, you just have to add the photos to each variant.

butterhappy
Tourist
6 0 4

SHOPIFY, PLEASE READ: Yes you can go into Facebook Commerce Manager & individually upload photos into each variant, but its very time consuming. I have a a shoe business, so I have a lot of sizes with can give me on average about 75 variants per listing! I timed myself & it took 27 seconds. And to upload EVERY variant per listing it was 34 minutes!  34 MINUTES FOR ONE LISTING. Now do that for 200 listing, that is 113 hours!!!! 

113 hours for something that should take NO TIME! It should automatically sync! PLEASE ESCALATE THIS ISSUE.

sickyicky
Visitor
2 0 2

It's August of 2023 and that solution doesn't work. I spoke with Facebook Support and they haven't a clue how to fix it.

Gideon_Lupine
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

It is Nov. 1, 2023, and it has only 1 picture of a T-shirt with front and back prints and one pic of a reversible hat with two looks. How am I to sell interesting products with cool features?

Dbrose16
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem getting additional images added to my Facebook Shop.  The solution posted by MidnightGretch will work.  It depends how the items was added to the Facebook Shop.  I can use the solution by MidnightGretch for two of my items.  It will not work for three of my items.  For those three, it only redirects you back to Shopify to edit the item.  I'm stuck there and haven't figure out the rest.

hoodooden
Tourist
4 0 1

No it’s not still like this but you gotta hire someone off of Fiverr to get more than one product photo to show and then at that they do not update the pictures so you’re stuck with the pictures that you first used. Shopify needs to fix this pronto

butterhappy
Tourist
6 0 4

THE FACT THAT YOU HAD TO PAY SOMEONE OFF FIVR IS SOOO RIDICULOUS! You shouldn't have to pay someone for something that should already work! I don't know if its on Shopify's end or Facebooks end, but people need to COMPLAIN to both parties. Say something!. I know it bothers people & if people speak up more maybe they will actually try to fix this.

We put all this effort into making listings for our shop to look perfect. Its tedious & time consuming. And because they don't integrate properly, you're basically asking us to upload & redo everything a 2nd time. I know this somehow can be fixed to sync properly. I just hope they understand & actually fix the issue.

Surooraldhalemi
Tourist
3 0 6

Is this still an issue in 2023? This is ridiculous. 

NickN1
Excursionist
11 0 9
Yes, its still an issue. Shopify doesn't feel the need to fix this

sreeki
Tourist
3 0 3

is this resolved yet? Whom do we need to contact to raise a ticket? This is frustrating to see this when there are apps who can do this, then why not shopify?

NickN1
Excursionist
11 0 9

I contacted Shopify support about this and they said it's "working as expected." It's very disappointing that Shopify has so many problems on their platform and doesn't make an effort to fix them.

sreeki
Tourist
3 0 3

I used this technique  as per above "Fix missing fields on facebook's Shopify feed" ; but it a pain to update each and everytime you add a product. Is there any other work around? 

NickN1
Excursionist
11 0 9

I didn't try using that work-around because I didn't want to risk corrupting the files somehow. I don't know of another solution unfortunately. And it seems Shopify is not willing to fix it either. 

Did the work-around you mentioned fix the problem though?

sickyicky
Visitor
2 0 2

I think I found a workaround for this problem. At least it worked for me and it worked for all my multi-image products.

1. Go to Commerce Manager

2. Catalog

3. Items

4. Check Mark the item you want to add images

5. Click Edit

6. Click the image of the variant you want to add an image

6. Delete the first image so that there are no images

7. Re-import the image you deleted. Hopefully, you have it saved somewhere.

8. Add your additional images

9. When you're done click Save

10. Repeat this process for all the variants you want to add images to (unfortunately)

11. When finished, click Update Products at the very bottom of the page

Now when you click on a product that has multiple images you should see left and right scroll-through arrows.

Simply adding additional images to product variants didn't work for me no matter what I did. But now it works. I tested this on both desktop and mobile.

Note: If you edit this product in Shopify and sync it to Facebook, you will need to repeat this process for that product. Shopify will override your Facebook product.

Hope this helps

sreeki
Tourist
3 0 3

This works for me

https://business.czar to.com/2019/12/11/update-your-shopify-facebook-product-feed-with-missing-attributes/

timnim
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for the info! Quick question, by doing this, would it be overwritten by any Shopify refresh?