Main Menu Page Links Not Working

lilacessence
Visitor
1 0 0

My shop, at the very top, I have the home page ect and 7 other main pages. The home page links perfect but none of the others. Just takes me to the description I wrote, but none of the products that should be included in the "link". They all have sub sections under them that work and link perfectly but the main pages at the very top of my site do not link to the collections they are supposed to. I have checked over and over. All the tags are correct. I also have collection pictures linking to the same collections that are on the main pages on the top of my site and they link perfectly. Beginner but can not figure this out this one thing for the life of me. Have been trying for days.

Replies 2 (2)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hi, @lilacessence!

Julie here from Shopify Support. I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Given the fact that the collections on your homepage are properly linked, it sounds like there may be an issue with the way you've set up your links in your main menu. In fact, this is a pretty common issue and is typically related to menu items being set to "filter with tags". Let's confirm if this is the case for you!

To do so, simply head on over to Online store > Navigation > Main menu. Next, you'll just want to select "Edit" next to one of the affected collections. Here's an example of what this looks like for one of my own collections:

20-09-vntjt-fnbm9

Now, if you have any tags entered in the "Filter collection with tags (optional)" field, it's safe to say this is the culprit! With tags entered here, only products in this collection that also have those particular tags will appear. More often than not, adding tags here will result in skewed collection results and it's often best to just have the collection linked without filtering it with tags; typically, the "filter collection with tags" option is only used when merchants have some pretty complex collections set up. If you have tags here, then once you have removed them and saved your menu, you should be able to access all of the products in your collection on your website. 

Once you've had a chance to take a look at your navigation settings, feel free to respond here with an update. Alternatively, if you are still noticing the same issue, it would be super helpful if you can share your store link so I can take a look here on my end and offer some further troubleshooting steps. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

emuamme
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with the main menu links not working. 
I have checked everything and my collections are not filtered with tags either. 

I hope there is an easy solution to this? Thanks!