Main menu is unclickable

Solved
Libellule1
Tourist
5 1 0

I have an issue with my navigation menu. All items on my navigation menu are currently unclickable.

For example, I want to open the Sale page, but when I click on the Sale button, it doesn't respond. 

Does anyone know how to fix it?

dalatibule.com

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hi there @Libellule1!

Don here from Shopify.

I'd like to take a look at this behaviour with you to see if we could determine where it might be coming from.

Would you mind sharing your store's password page password (not your account one) so I can check it out on the storefront itself?

If you could also confirm the name of the theme you are using currently (as it was originally downloaded), if you have edited the code of the theme yourself, or if you have added any apps that may have done so that would be super helpful also. 

With that info in place, we should be able to dig into this a little deeper together.

Would this be your first time setting up a store with Shopify or selling online or have you done so before?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Libellule1
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Don, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, this is the first time I set up a Shopify store, also my first online business. I haven't done any code editing by myself. 

I just purchased a Mr.Parker theme from We are Underground yesterday. It only happens to this theme. When I switch back to the Minimal theme, it works normally without a problem. 

The store's password is ********.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that info!

Could you double-check the storefront password you gave me here, as I don't appear to be able to bypass the password page using that?

In any case, as this is a theme from We Are Underground as you stated you would need to reach out to them directly in order to get support for their theme.

You can find their support page here and it looks like they have a contact button you can use there also to check on how they might be able to support you there.

Would you have added any apps to your store at all that might affect navigation or your theme?

Let me know your store password page password (visible in Online store > Preferences) so I can take a look at your storefront anyway and try getting in touch with the theme developers for support in the meantime.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Libellule1
Tourist
5 1 0

The password is paohow. 

I've contacted We are Underground to see if they can help. I'm waiting for their response. 

I have connected some apps, but not sure which one might cause the problem.

I have Yotpo, Kit, Privy, Plug in SEO, Stocky, Super Report, Instafeed, SNPT, Seguno.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hi again @Libellule1!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that password and the other info.

I removed some info from your previous reply in case you had shared some sensitive info, so I'd advise you to consider resetting your password and adding two-factor authentication if you want to maintain the highest level of security for your store.

I can't say for certain with those third-party apps, but they don't immediately sound like they would affect navigation or your theme like this.

The good news is I was able to access your store and was able to use the navigation links in your main menu to navigate to different areas of your store as shown in this video capture.

It looks like this is working-as-intended from my side (let me know if I have missed something I would need to replicate the behaviour you outlined) so we can next try some further checks on your side.

Would you have tested this from another device or using a different internet connection or browser yet?

If you do see this behaviour across different setups, are you using a browser supported by Shopify?

Finally, for now, if you could click on this link using the browser you have been using to access Shopify and just reply here with the short link you are given there, that will let us see more info on your current browser.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Libellule1
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi Don, 

Thank you for your reminder. I have changed my password. 

I have tried on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, none of them is working for me even after I've cleared the cache. 

And this is the short link you asked for https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/b/C09N9

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1226 73 157

Hi again there!

Thanks for that link and info.

It looks like you're using an updated version of Chrome, which would be a supported browser alright.

As this is a third-party theme we're working with here, and you confirmed that a Shopify theme you checked is not presenting this behaviour you would need to reach out to the theme developers for support using the link I shared earlier.

Let them know what we have already checked here and that I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my end.

All the best and let me know if there's anything else we can do on the Shopify side of things!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Libellule1
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for your help, Don. 

I'm contacting the website developers to see if they can do anything. 

0 Likes