Making my homepage banner a clickable link, without a button

Highlighted
3 0 0

On my page www.jumpjocks.com.au I have a banner across the top of the homepage, exactly as I want it. However I'd like the image to be clickable and link to a selected collection.

I don't want to use a button as this covers up part of the image I'm using and seems to turn to image grey.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
530 29 47

Hi @Jump,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Is this in regards to the Flash Sale image? Or is this in reference to your announcement banner? For the Flash Sale image, would you be interested in changing the layout slightly for a "Shop Now" style of button to appear, as shown in this example? This would make it more noticeable for your customers which collection you are referring to as well. I've listed some steps below which should help you achieve this or at least view the look on your store directly. 

• Scroll down the page and select Add Section, then select Slideshow
  • From here, add your Flash Sale image to the first image slide and then remove the second image slide as shown in this example
  • Remove the text listed in the Heading and Subheading fields. Enter your preferred button text within the Button Label and link the Flash Sale Collection in the Button Link. Here's an example screenshot. 
  • Finally, you can change the layout of the sale button to appear on the right side of the image, instead of the middle by changing the Text Alignment button

Alternatively, if you would prefer not to have a button appear I can raise this further to our Theme Support to review with some Design Time. Just let me know!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
10 0 0

this is not what we are looking to do. we want to know how to edit the code to add a clickable link to the home page banner. the banner on debut currently makes you need to add the button to make it clickable. if you and the link without adding the button then the link is not activated. the button is ugly and is in the way of my nice banner.. i do not want to use the button but i want my banner to be clickable still. 

0 Likes