Why is my media upload failing on my monthly subscription?

Hallebows
Visitor
2 0 0

Within the last few days my photos are not uploading, it keeps saying media upload fail or media file over 20megapixels but the photographs aren't that big. My subscription is a monthly subscription too. I don't know what to do it's affecting my product listing.

Many thanks 

Hayley 

Replies 3 (3)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Hallebows

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Welcome to the Community forums! 

When you receive this error, are you adding these images from a URL, or by uploading a file?  

If you're using a URL, it's possible that the link to the image you're trying to use no longer exists at its original location. If this is the case, this workaround can help resolve things:

1. Download and save the image to your computer. 
  2. Log in to your Shopify admin. 
  3. Click on 'Settings > Files'. 
  4. Upload the image here. 
  5. Check that the image is less than 20 megapixels in size, as per our upload limits.
  6. Use the URL that's generated to add the image to your product by following these steps

Alternatively, once the image is saved to your computer, you may also wish to upload the image directly to your product by following the first point under step 3 here. If you decide to do this, it's still important to ensure the image doesn't exceed Shopify's upload limits

Please give these steps a try, and keep me posted on how it goes!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Hallebows
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Rae

I have emailed Spotify and it seems to be an issue with the version of the
app I have. Doesn't really help me out but hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Thanks for replying

Hayley
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Hallebows

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that you've been in contact with our team about this via email, too. 

Are you using the Shopify mobile app when this error appears? If so, deleting the app from your device and re-downloading it may help resolve things. 

Have you also had a chance to try uploading images from a computer instead? Give this a try and let me know if you run into the same issue. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.