Menu items are showing up twice

Solved
mermadehair
1 0 0

Hi Everyone

For some reason my menu items are showing twice. Anyone know how to fix? double menu.png

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @mermadehair

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about the menu on your theme, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

In my experience, this could be caused by the settings in your theme, or possibly by a third party app. However, I would really like to look into this in more detail to help determine exactly what's causing the menu to duplicate like this. So that we can work on this further, I'm going to reach out to you via email. Once you receive my email, please reply directly to me there, and as soon as I hear back from you I can start digging into this on our end. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
adamkincaid
2 0 0

This is also happening on for me. What was the solution?

0 Likes
Tejas_Nadpara
Shopify Partner
1027 215 479

@adamkincaid  @mermadehair 

Let me know which theme you are using so I can assist you better.

Thank you,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | Skype: tejas.nadpara
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @adamkincaid!

Thanks for letting us know that this is also happening on your theme. 

I'm going to reach out to you via email shortly so that we can discuss this in more detail, and look into the settings on your theme. Once you receive my email, please make sure to reply directly back to me so that I can help investigate this further. 

I look forward to connecting with you on this soon! 

0 Likes
adamkincaid
2 0 0
Hi we wound up solving it via the chat support function! Long story short, the header had a footer!
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @adamkincaid!

Thanks for following up and letting us know. I'm glad to hear that this is now resolved. 

If you're willing to share the steps that you took to resolve this issue, please feel free to go ahead and post them here for other Community members to see. That way, if someone encounters the same situation, they can use your steps to solve the problem on their site, too. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
SeanDavid
1 0 0

Hi,

This is also happening in my footer menu with my policies. I am using the supply theme. Could you advise how to fix this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @SeanDavid!

Thanks for jumping in and letting us know this is happening on your theme, too. 

Have you had a chance to check in your theme settings to see if an incorrect menu is attached to the footer on your theme, similar to what happened to Adam above? To find out if this the case, please login to your Shopify admin, and follow these steps: 

1. Click 'Online Store > Themes'
  2. Click 'Customize'  on your Supply theme. 
  3. This will open up the theme editor, where you can select the 'Header'  or 'Footer'  section, depending on where the policies are showing up.  
  4. Check the menu connected here to ensure it has the correct menu items. If you're working in the 'Footer'  section, make sure to click 'Quick Links'  to see which menu is attached. If you need to edit the menu, just click the 'Edit menu'  button above the 'Menu'  field. 

You can also edit the menu items on your site by visiting your Shopify admin, clicking 'Online Store > Navigation', and selecting the 'Main menu'  here. We have more information on this in this help document. If you need to remove menu items from an existing menu to avoid duplicate items, you can do so by following these steps

If this doesn't resolve things, please feel free to reply back to me here with your store's URL and I can take a closer look. 

Speak soon! 

0 Likes
beatsbody
3 0 0

Hi,

The same is happening on my store and the side menue is howing up twice?

Can you help please?

0 Likes