Message - Google has noticed that you haven’t completed the Google Ads checklist

Shaun_Annis
Visitor
2 0 5

Hello,

Recently our store lost its google connection with the following message: Google has noticed that you haven’t completed the Google Ads checklist

There's a learn more link. Once it's clicked it takes you into google ads. There isn't anything there about a checklist.

I've spoken to Google and they have confirmed this is something on the Shopify side, not the google side. There isn't a checklist to complete in our google ad account.

Anyone else come across this and managed to solve it?

Many thanks,

Shaun

Replies 20 (20)

TwoPaints
Visitor
1 0 0

Also looking for an answer to this. Can't find anything to complete anywhere. Very frustrating. 

Krissy21
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Shaun, 

I was wondering if you found a solution to this message about haven't completed Google Ads checklist? 

I cannot find an answer for it anywhere and I really am at my witts end with the whole Google Sales channel. 

Would appreciate any help. 

TIA

Krissy21

Shaun_Annis
Visitor
2 0 5
Hi There,

No there isn't a solution for this. I got passed around a few teams within
Shopify, but nobody could fix the issue. Google have confirmed our Ad
account is fine, and should be working with Shopify. It's frustrating, i've
escalated it over the past months as much as possible.
Krissy21
Visitor
2 0 0

That's what I have been told. I've decided to just ignore what Google is saying and occasionally check my merchant centre to see if there are any different issues overtime. So far it's been good. 

There is a ridiculous amount of people having the same issue. Not good enough really. 

HTM
Shopify Expert
2 0 2

Hi,

The Google Ads checklist is the Store requirements checklist in the Google channel.

HTM_0-1615997177709.png

The checklist matches the Shopping Ads Setup requirements found under Tools & Settings > Tools > Shopping Ads Setup in your Google Merchant Center account.

One area that's easy to skip over is the Legal pages. Go to Shopify > Settings > Legal and make sure these are all populated correctly.

Remember, any changes you make can take 3-5 days to be verified by Google, so once you're satisfied everything's been completed, you'll need to wait a few days to see if your product data has been approved.

Hope that helps,

Matt

You72727
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi

All my 4000 products are approved by google on shopify and I still have the same message "Google has noticed that you haven’t completed the Google Ads checklist"

When this message exist that mean our products are not showing on google and that is very bad.

My google check list is all green and done.

Did anyone found out how to fix this

Eddie

You72727
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi to all

I found the insulation and it is working in my shopify account,

Made this message disappeared.

Google has noticed that you haven’t completed the Google Ads checklist

Jamie_uk
Visitor
1 0 0

will you please list that down. i am facing the same issue

Thanks

Kaazal
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Do you want to let us know what the solution is I am currently facing the same issue .

I tried everything and the error isn't disappearing.

In top of that half of my product ain't being send to the merchant center ... 

HCSPEED
Visitor
1 0 0

i am facing the same issue

blaccluna
Visitor
2 0 16

This is what just worked for me. Hope this helps:

I had to add my billing info into Google Ads. Then return to my Shopify dashboard.

Click Google under your sales channels

Click Settings then scroll down to Google Ads account. There’s a button to confirm you have added billing info to your Ads account settings. Confirm you have.

When I returned to view my products on the sales channel, the message no longer displays.  

koffa_me
Visitor
2 0 2

Thank you! Worked for me as well. In Google Ads (https://ads.google.com/) itself I had a quite prominent alert telling me this as well. See the image, it says "No ads will be delivered for your account Enter payment information so your ads can be delivered."🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-30 um 08.09.54.png

Fixed it, waiting for final confirmation of my payment data, but the message in Shopify has been gone after I confirmed as you described it.

👍🏻

Michelle_RP
Visitor
1 0 0

Amazing! Thank you for sharing this, it fixed the issue for me too. 

KnowlesEaston
Visitor
2 0 1

Wow! Thanks for your answer. It really work for me. 

Celine_Adrai
Visitor
2 0 1

this worked for me too! thanks a lot!

hjay0000
Visitor
1 0 0

This works, thank you so much!!

DaveWall
Excursionist
12 1 3

YES! It works! Thank you!

alltrendsau
Visitor
1 0 0

Still working in 2021! Thank you so  much!

Chathuranga
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you, It works

giftedproducts
Visitor
2 0 0

This still doesnt work for me i still have the same issue. which i have updated my billing and some products are only available. which i have uploade dlike 500. and only 250 are approved. neither disapproved are below expected.