Migrate theme from BigCommerce

1 0 0

Hello everybody,

I am trying to migrate my friend's store from Big Commerce to here.  I'll say that while I am technologically knowledgeable, I am not a "front end" guy, and I have no experience with online store.  I've managed to migrate all of the "backend" type stuff (customers, orders, products, coupon codes, etc), but I don't know how to get the front end to look the way it did on the other store.

I've gotten the theme files from Big Commerce with all the custom css.  I was hoping that these stores used the same format so that I could just upload it to Shopify quickly.  That does not seem to be the case, however.  
Is there anything I can do to quickly and easily re-create the same store, or do I have to go in and re-customize the blank Shopify store from scratch?

Thank you for your time,

Derek

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
511 111 162

@dmandl 

Yes, We can create same front look for Shopify like as you have in BigCommerce. This solution does require working with code, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Liquid files, and if this is something you would not be comfortable with, I would advise you to reach out to one of our Experts, or contact me by email. As always, when making code changes to your theme, please remember to create a backup, in case you need to revert back to previous versions of the theme.

Thank you,

Tejas  

Shopify Expert | skype: tejas.nadpara
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
248 9 51

Basically no, shopify front end themes are not compatible and don't use the same language. You have to learn liquid code. Building an entire theme from scratch to be exactly identical to what you had before is likely going to take months of difficult work. I suggest you find a theme that exists that's "close" and try to work from there.

0 Likes