Migrate to another domain (within Shopify)

Not applicable

Hola,

I just started in Shopify and have been working on some pages already (only front-end). Now I had to move towards a different url due to trade marks. How can I move the pages I recently made in the old domain to my new url?

Many thanks!

Replies 8 (8)

StephenK
Shopify Partner
79 7 45

Easiest way would be to add the new domain to your account and make it the primary, then you won't need to migrate anything really.

You can then set up redirects and change links to the old URLs

Some Shopify/Ecommerce related articles - https://medium.com/@stephenkeable

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 361

@Anonymous  Whilst you can do that you don't need to you can just change the domain name of your existing store if you want.

Here's the details on domain name set up for Shopify

If you don't want to go that route and want to physically move the products you have created from one store to another the you can just export them as a csv file and then upload them to your new store. But I would have thought changing your domain name for your existing store is a better route.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency
JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 361

Sorry @StephenK I must have been typing my response whilst you were typing yours. @Anonymous to avoid confusion, we are both giving the same advice, @StephenK can obviously type & hit post quicker than me 🙂

StephenK
Shopify Partner
79 7 45

@JonWright no worries, good work adding the link to the domain docs. Always forget about adding those 🙂

Some Shopify/Ecommerce related articles - https://medium.com/@stephenkeable
Not applicable
Many thanks everybody!
@Jon, so if I understand correctly, the myshopify domain can't be changed and will remain the old name, correct? Or can I change this as well? It's not superclean as I'm just starting and I would prefer to have everything in the new set-up.

Thanks again!
JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 361

@Anonymous yes that's correct your can't change your myshopify domain e.g. name1.myshopify.com to name2.myshopify.com but you can change name1.com to name2.com by buying a new domain and using that as your primary domain.

If you have only just started your store and you want to change your myshopify domain address then you might be best to close your account and start again but before you do that it would be worth contacting Shopify directly to see if they can change it for you.

dogs
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi, Ok so I don't really understand all of this but I need someone to help me move my current shop from domain (A)  to domaine (B)

Hello - it is me

SagarEspark
Excursionist
12 1 3

You have stated your problem very precisely. I am dropping a link here which might help you, check it once. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/transferring-domains

Hope it's beneficial..!