Minimal Theme, how to disable auto product sorting at collection page

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

I have disabled the collection sorting option, now customers can not sort the products, but it still automatically sorts the products alphabetically by itself, i dont want it to be sorted a to z, i want it to be sorted according to price, how do i change that? i could not find any menu to do that. Could you please help? Thank you.

0 Likes

Success.

Hello 

Go to Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Templates->collection.liquid

Search below code:

sortBy: '{{ collection.sort_by | default: collection.default_sort_by }}'

Replace this code with below code:

sortBy: '{{ collection.sort_by | default: "price-ascending" }}'

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 30 24

Hello, @Sedef

Elias here with Shopify Support. I was able to locate your store and it appears that you’re using the default collection to show all products. The default collection is setup with alphabetical order and lacks the ability to sort the collection. I recommend creating a collection, which will have the ability to sort the collection, then replacing the collection link in your navigation menu with the new collection. Created collection, both automated or manual collection, you can change the order of the collection by using a different preset or manually sorting the collection. The option to sort the collection will look like this:

08-51-i3o25-lf66h

Is this what you’re looking for? If you have any other questions regarding collections, just reply to this thread and let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes