Mobile version 'liquid error: Internal' message

maxlinen
Visitor
1 0 3

Hello,

Can anyone help! WE have a Pacific theme and just today the mobile only version is returning an error message 'liquid error: Internal' the whole page is all over the place. Where do I start how can we fix this? Where is the error from?

Thank you so much for any help.

Replies 85 (85)

theshepherd24
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi. Sorry to hijack your post. I'm having the same "liquid error: internal" every time I choose the Hello Invoice template on the Order Printer. All other templates are fine. Please help maxlinen and me. Thanks!

kishanpatel5544
Visitor
1 0 3

same error : Liquid error: internal

Amoreeb
Tourist
3 0 5

I’m getting this aswell!

TheFriendlyEco
Visitor
3 0 3

me to!! I think it must be a shopify error??

Raden
Visitor
1 0 4

same, so i guess its shopify error?

buyifyyebay
Tourist
10 1 5

The error has now fixed itself

bfmcreates
Tourist
5 0 1

Still there for me! 

I contacted support and they said they can't do anything until the technical team have more information and then said they'll contact me through email once they're closer to fixing the issue 

Mantas3
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

We're also having this problem, I have copied some code from the brooklyn theme, in the footer, that is supposed to display payment methods, When I commented that code out, the footer error message dissapeared. However I got no Idea how to make the header one dissaper. Will look into it, probably shopify will fix it faster than I figure it out.

acropolis
Visitor
1 0 1

Same here for our store, it is not yet fixed.

IanHogers
Visitor
2 0 0

Same here. no luck hiding it either.

milkandcoco
Tourist
6 0 1

@jordannmarieex3 I had to fix it right away and add something in place of the scrolling banner. What's wrong with me asking for a refund on my launch day of a special program. If you pay for a service, you expect it. What is your problem?

riceyrolling
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Downtime or adverse affects to business should quality for some kind of compensation.

GeorgePK
Visitor
1 0 0

Simply use this: <!--{{ content_for_header }}--> to replace this: {{ content_for_header }}

GIRATI
Visitor
1 0 0

It actually resolves the problem or is it a quick fix rather than a problem fix?

C_NO
Tourist
3 2 1

This is a shopify issue, adding code to circumvent this temporary error may lead to problems when it's solved. 

Shopify is aware of the issue, wait a bit and hopefully it's resolved soon-- https://www.shopifystatus.com/

schneeffm
Excursionist
19 1 5

Changing the code or adding someting like <!-- --> is only useful for shops that only have the error message on top of the page. It doesn't fix things like problems with add to cart button or other problems that appear since more than one hour (!).

Milkbottlelough
Shopify Partner
26 5 34

NB:   DO NOT DO THIS!!!

Commenting out {{ content_for_header }} means no apps installed on your site (or indeed Shopify itself) will be able to inject code into your theme.  This means pretty much every app you have installed and some important global Shopify variables will be unavailable to your store.

pnap
Excursionist
11 0 10

We are having this problem too, just started today and we have made no changes to the siteScreenshot 2021-03-01 at 12.22.03.png

mrbobby93
Excursionist
37 0 14

Shopify:   "I understand your frustration here- Our developers have identified the issue. We hope to have this resolved ASAP! Keep an eye on our status page for updates: shopifystatus.com Thanks and appreciate your patience-Caemin"

sixthsaint
Tourist
5 0 1

If anyone uses Klarna onsite placements or Instafeed app they both aren't working for us either.

Neetha
Visitor
1 0 0

yes, the same happens in my website

SamB90
Visitor
1 0 0

Same here, I thought it was my theme but I'm glad I found this post.

buyifyyebay
Tourist
10 1 5

No, it hasn't fixed itself. The error is still on.

mrbobby93
Excursionist
37 0 14

Shopify replies:

"Thanks for all that information. I was checking it out with our tech team and it's something that they're aware of and they're now investigating. They're hoping to have it resolved as soon as possible. - Andy"

mrbobby93
Excursionist
37 0 14

I have the same error.

At the top: "Liquid error: internal"

At the bottom: "Liquid error (sections/footer.liquid line 93): internal"

I have the error on mobile phone and on desktop.

Some features in my theme are not working anymore.

suzyrashid
Visitor
1 0 0

My page in web and mobile is also the same! It says "Liquid error (sections/footer.liquid line 120): internal" on the footer. Really hope Shopify will fix it soon! ;((

sandeepTCS
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue. Let us know if you find a fix for this! 

Thanks 

Webtechmart
Visitor
2 0 0

Same "Liquid error: internal" 

Dylan_78
Visitor
2 0 3

Same here!

jin0s
Visitor
1 0 2

same! 

LVO
Shopify Partner
18 0 3

Same Problem!

But only since a few minutes ago!!

buyifyyebay
Tourist
10 1 5

Liquid error: internal

sixthsaint
Tourist
5 0 1

Same here. Only mobile though?

Frankdigital
Excursionist
13 0 3

Same here for both mobile and desktop!

PSBY
Visitor
2 0 0

Liquid error: internal too... Seem be the same for everyone? 

Tejasvi
Visitor
1 0 0

Getting the same message "Liquid Error: Internal" on every page in my mobile site

Jerome8
Shopify Partner
4 0 4

the error lies in "content_for_header"

you could temporarily wrap that tag in a hidden span/div/etc., which is a weird thing to do but the error output would be invisible

riceyrolling
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

I had another error in footer to do with {% unless shop.enabled_payment_types == empty %} in my footer. Code hides payment icons in my footer.

Rahuly1903
Visitor
2 0 4

Until the issue get resolved by Shopify. You hide by the below code.

{% capture custom_header %}
    {{ content_for_header }}
{% endcapture %}
{{ custom_header | replace:"Liquid error: internal", '' }}
Nikoleta
Visitor
1 0 0

Its happning to me too! Please help!

Moonfizzle
Visitor
1 0 3

We are getting the same error and lots of emails and messages from clients saying the site is unusable and they cant click on anything or buy anything! We are losing sales because of this and I hope Shopify will rectify this asap or at least give us a timeline.

Rahuly1903
Visitor
2 0 4

@Moonfizzle Please share the website URL. will try to find the issue.

LaukuFerma
Visitor
3 0 1

Same to us.
www.laukuferma.lv

ONAIE
Visitor
2 0 0

same here Liquid error: internal it is messing with our shop, the customers can't add products to the checkout!!

Frankdigital
Excursionist
13 0 3

It's now working on my site for both mobile and desktop!

bfmcreates
Tourist
5 0 1

Seems to be working on both desktop and mobile for me now! Got all my apps back and button functions too

saltysss
Visitor
2 0 0

Yep i have this too. Support team arent even aware as i have been on chat with them for half hour over it

Sander01
Visitor
2 0 0

Where can I contact their chat?

saltysss
Visitor
2 0 0

Also live view is also failing to work