Modifying (editing) Messages in Checkout?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi - I've modified our Shopify Checkout to use more descriptive / helpful messaging (see red highlighted text in screenshot below) 

Shopify-Checkout.jpg

That highlighted text comes from editing our en.default.json Locale file.

Shopify-Locale-Json.jpg

QUESTION - Is there anyway to include a "newline" (carriage return / LF) in the "OR - Continue below . . ." text message? I have tried /n, /r/n, <br> etc. etc.  to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & All the best

Nick Majors

www.zendencandles.com

0 Likes
Pathfinder
103 8 16

I will be honest, I have not tried it.  But based on your post it looks like you tried the wrong slash.  Try 

\n

Otherwise I do not think you can off hand.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Thanks for the reply - but unfortunately, yes I did use the slash in the right way, the wrong way, duplicated, alternated, etc. etc. (every way I could think of and version version of ascii / hex / dec CHAR code that I could think of.

Interestingly - in looking at my problem further - using the \n actually works! (in so far as inserting a CR/LF into the code.  When I use the Chrome inspect function on the checkout page - it shows that the line is split - at the point where I insert the \n - but even though you can see it there - it still prints as one single line to the screen????  Only way I have been able to get around it is by changing the "white-space" to "pre-line" - but since (as a non Shopify Plus user) we can't change or alter css on the checkout page - looks like there is nothing I can do.

Oh well . . . 

0 Likes