Modular Theme - Changing font in typography section doesn't cause any efffect

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Community,

I am using the Modular theme for my store. I am trying to change fonts for headings and body text. This setting is available by default in the typography section of theme settings. However, even when I change to different fonts and save, there is not effect on my site. It seems like it is falling back to a specific font/set of fonts. Would appreciate any help here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

Hi, @cbev,

Hank here from Shopify.

Changing the font within the editor can change the font across your website rather than just one specific area, is this happening for you? Or is it simply reverting to the default every time you save the changes?

Can you try this opening your admin using incognito mode to see if it works this way? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

If you are still noticing an issue after doing this, it may be a bug within your theme coding. Have any new apps been installed or code changes occurred that you are aware of? What you could try doing is to update your theme, or install a new version to see if the issue is resolved.

If however, you are still noticing an issue, you may need to reach out to your theme developer. As Modular is a third-party theme, you would need to contact them for assistance, for your convenience, I have found their contact page here

Additionally, if you share your store URL then hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store.

If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you as well.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes