Monorail edge shopify use

Amangoyal490s
3 0 5
What is monorail edge shopify.
And why we are used monorail edge api in shopify ?

Anyone know then please let me know

Thank you
parts
Tourist
4 0 4

Would also like to know what this is about. I am getting security messages regarding this.

"firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an untrusted certificate to monorail-edge.shopifysvc.com."

mikkelaustin
1 0 1

I'm curious what this is, too. Thanks!

buttsonseats
Tourist
3 0 5

My antivirus is blocking whatever this is. Please explain shopify

mightyhunter
1 0 3

I also have the same issue. Is this something that we should be concerned about?

Smeelah
Trailblazer
262 1 62

I've been having load page errors with this for some time. I have contacted support and after several emails, I still do not know what it is or where it comes from. I thought it was related to my homepage slider. I removed that but it remains. And, as of today it is loading THREE times or else I have 3 instances of it. It adds page load and I want it gone or to at least understands its purpose. 

buttsonseats
Tourist
3 0 5
This is the message my antivirus shows, this can't be good for my business if customers see this. Again please explain Shopify
Suspicious connection blocked
26 minutes ago
Feature: Online Threat Prevention
chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an untrusted certificate to monorail-edge.shopifysvc.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since untrusted certificates are issued by unrecognized Certificate Authorities
cschroeter
Tourist
4 0 4

Getting the same anti-virus error message and trying to figure it out as well. 

buttsonseats
Tourist
3 0 5

I finally got in touch with shopify. this is apparently what it is.

Maria A:  

I got a response from our Technical Team.

Maria A:  

So here's what they said, just have them add it to their exceptions, that is part of our load balancing system

Maria A:  

Also, 100% safe, but because it redirects some anti-viruses don't like it

Bianca Lawrence:  

very good, does it make sense to you, it probably won't to me lol

Maria A:  

yeah just have them hit that “add to exceptions” button and she shouldnt have any other issues :smile: its just an anti-virus being overly cautious

Bianca Lawrence:  

thank you again, have a good day

Maria A:  

Yeah of course! It's kinda bothering since it's coming from the anti virus

0 Likes
Smeelah
Trailblazer
262 1 62

I just don't understand why this file is becoming a bigger and bigger presence in my website loading. As of today it's making 5 requests per page load.