Monorail edge shopify use

Highlighted
Trailblazer
232 1 43

Apparently it's top top secret. This from the end of a 13 email enquiry with Shopify support:

I have been exhausting all available resources for you since this is very important. Through continuous research, I agree with you that this point back to Shopify. But just to set the proper expectation, it is an internal process of Shopify, which we cannot divulge any further information about.

That being said, the Technical Support team confirms that this has no major impact on your website and that you shouldn't worry about any harm affecting your website.

I truly hope for your understanding as we have reached an impasse on Shopify's side. You can also try to reach out to Google and get more information on what they can do on their side so that this does not show up as an error, because it is not supposed to have an impact leading to errors.

So we should just trust and not worry. Not the first time I have heard that!

@buttsonseats Seems like you got some major info from your support request;)

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey ,

Glad to read your comment.

Did shopify mention how to remove this link <link href="https://monorail-edge.shopifysvc.com" rel="dns-prefetch">? It makes no sence while it is a 404 page.

404 Page kind of brings down the load speed sometimes.

I am talking with Shopify at the moment, the Guru is not good at code, not good at such issues.

In the meantime, I hope I could get some help from the internet.

Kind Regards

Amier

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It seems we could just leave it, though it looks weird doing nothing there .

shopify support.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yeah you could leave it but it gives me a ton of broken links as this piece of code is in the <head> tag of every single page of my shop. That leaves me with a link to a 404 from every page.

How do we remove this piece of code. I checked the theme,liquid page but it is not there.

Where is

<link href="https://monorail-edge.shopifysvc.com" rel="dns-prefetch">

this triggerd?

0 Likes