Moving A local Website to Shopify

Christinama
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey I am looking for a my local printerrepairhub to convert it to in a different niche. Like selling printer and other accessories  and I heard about shopify is a platform for ecommerce niches.SO I was looking for suggestion that. Is it viable to do that. Seo will be effected? Or should I start with completely new domain.

Your comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks 

Replies 2 (2)

Dorcaspro
Explorer
74 3 10

Hello dear

It is possible for you to integrate and migrate from your formal website to shopify.  if they are physical products, but if you are using dropshipping I will advice you start afresh 

+2348167044807

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1023

Hi @Christinama,

Nick here from Shopify. Great to hear you are thinking of possibly moving to Shopify! Let's look into your questions about it now. 

It's definitley possible to move your website over to Shopify for a specfiic niche. The themes on the Shopify theme store vary and some are more focused on a smaller number of products or larger depending on which way you'd like to go. There are free Shopify developed themes and paid themes built by third party developers which have gone through stringint Shopify vetting and are Shopify approved. You can take a look at them below:

You don't need to start with a new domain. When you start your Shopify store you will create a .myshopify.com domain which will act like a store ID more than anything once you move your custom domain over. Since you already own a domain, you would need to transfer it over to your Shopify store and make it your primary domain when the time is right. You can see how to do this from the help guide Shopify has for transferring a domain here

Your SEO will unfortunately get effected with this move though. But Shopify has built in SEO to help with this. You can read more about this from the help guide on SEO here. There are also a number of apps to help with SEO in the Shopify app store, some have free plans and some are paid. I personally like SEO Manager but it can be expensive also. You can see the full list of SEO apps here

Before I forget I will leave the pricing and plans here too! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions about getting started or joining Shopify in a reply to this thread and best of luck with it all. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.