Moving product description - Simple theme

Excursionist
19 1 6

Hey there!

I think I have a simple issue to solve. All I want to do is move the product description to either just below where it says about the free shipping and tax included OR (preferably) straight under the image of the product. I do have an app installed that creates the image carasel (not sure if that makes a difference) as well as an app that changes the swatches of the variants.

Screenshot attached with example URL from my store.Screenshot.png

Example URL: https://inspirationonlineshopping.com/products/1pc-adjustable-mouth-muzzle 

*Note* I have tried just changing the description position in the editor

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2486 171 373

Hi @Inspiration,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I reached out to our theme support team to see if this was possible. They asked if the variants for color and size highlighted in the screenshot below are from an app? 

06-22-7kcgy-2ncv2

If this is from an app, it would make things a little more complicated than a simple code edit and would probably need a deeper look as it would require re-organizing elements of the product-template.liquid file. If that is the case, I can still send it to the team to look into for you, but it doesn't seem like that would be a simple code edit. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
19 1 6

Hey Nick, 

Thanks for your reply. I have been chatting to a guru about this but was hoping someone had a similar situation or could offer a fix I could do myself.

I have 2 apps working in the product page regarding the images and variants. The images I have an app making them a slider instead of a grid and I have a variant swatch which makes the buttons for the variants. 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2486 171 373

Thanks for getting back to me @Inspiration.

If you are already talking to a Guru about this I would recommend to ask them directly about sending this to our theme support team rather than creating another ticket about it, Hopefully someone might be able to drop in and offer more information and direction about a fix in the meantime. It's something which would be out of my wheelhouse and I would recommend sending it to our theme support team for help as it could be a little complicated with the inclusions of the apps. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 6

Got it sorted. Ended up using the GemPages app. Great drag and drop builder and heaps more options than the out of the box editor

1 Like