Solved

Multiple sub-options for single item

iCandySydney
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

We are just about to launch our online candy store via Shopify, we are creating pick and mix candy, whereby the customer can select 9 options from a choice of 60 plus possible selections. We are offering this as a single 'product' with a number of sub-options. i.e. the 1kg Pick n Mix 'product' is $20, but I want the customer to have a list of up to 60 choices, where they can choose the quantity of each item totalling up to 9 items within the product.

For example, they choose the "1kg Pick n Mix" product. They then choose, Jelly Babies, Cola Bottles, etc etc to get to their 9 choices. Only when 9 sub-items have been chosen can they hit the add to cart or buy now button.

I hope this makes sense, I tried using variants, but have struggled to get the functionality as described above. Any work around or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete & Jo.

iCandy.

Accepted Solution (1)
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

Great! If you don't mind setting the last reply as an accepted solution that would be great as it would help the community know the answer has been answered 😉

Cheers!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi There!

So to be clear you need 9 dropdowns for example, where each dropdown will contain different options pertaining to the dropdown, for example:

• Dropdown 1: Small, Medium, Large
  • Dropdown 2: Strawberry, Kiwi, Banana
  • Dropdown 3: Chocolate, Vanilla, etc..

Correct?

iCandySydney
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi JHKC,

Thanks for your response! Yeah, pretty much, but each of the 9 drop downs will contain the same 60 options. So in drop down 1, the customer can choose 1 of the 60 choices, in drop down 2, the customer can chose another 1 of the 60 options and so on until all 9 drop downs have a selection in (the customer could choose 2 or more of the same thing if they wish to make up their 9 selected options) once all 9 drop downs have a selection in them, the add to cart or buy now button can be clicked.

Hope this all makes sense?

Cheers,

Pete.
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Yes clear!

Shopify restricts you to 3 Dropdowns and a total of 100 Variants. 

You have to use something like that: https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-product-options to overcome this limitation. You can then add as much as you want. They can help you with the setup should you need it!

Cheers!

iCandySydney
Visitor
3 0 0
Thanks very much! That app looks like just what we are looking for, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Pete.
JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

This is an accepted solution.

Great! If you don't mind setting the last reply as an accepted solution that would be great as it would help the community know the answer has been answered 😉

Cheers!

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @iCandySydney

I noticed that you already received a solution, but I'd like to offer another suggestion that could provide a better way to display your options.

Currently, you have 9 dropdowns, each with 60 choices. This might not be the most user-friendly experience for customers, as they have to select each item from the same long list for each dropdown.

I recommend using the Easify Product Options app instead and setting up your custom options with its special Product List option type. With this option, a single button will be shown on your product page. When customers click on it, a popup will display all 60 options, and customers can select up to 9 from the list. This way, they only need to view the list once and make their selections easily 😊.

Here's a quick demonstration on how to set it up with the app:

• Create a new option set

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1690135415536.png

• Add the Product List option type

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1690135607175.png

• Add 60 option values and select the associated existing products in your store for each option value. This will update the product image and name to your option value image and label:

addd.jpg

test.jpg

• You can set the maximum number of items that customers can select:

max.jpg

• After creating your custom options, simply assign them to your relevant product (e.g., "1kg Pick n Mix"), and you're all set:

EasifyAppsZoe_6-1690136541236.png

You can also check how your custom options will look using the in-app live preview before displaying them on the storefront:

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1690136259460.pngEasifyAppsZoe_3-1690136307285.png

EasifyAppsZoe_5-1690136354748.png

Hope this suggestion proves useful for your store 🤗!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support