My Banner Images Look Awful from a Desktop View, Why is there no way to center them on the Desktop?

gcbb
Visitor
3 0 0

Why do my banners look fine via the mobile view, they are nice and centered; but from the desktop view my banners are either to the left or to the right?  My website looks terrible from a desktop view, but looks fine from a mobile view. How can I obtain consistency, when there is only a "right" or "left" option for banners....there is no center option. I need my site to look consistent whether viewing from a mobile or desktop view. Can someone help?

Replies 6 (6)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey @gcbb 

Eunice here from Shopify. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

From your message, it sounds like the header aligns in the center when viewing your store from mobile view, but from desktop view, it aligns to the side. This could be a default setting in your theme that needs changing, or, this could be a technical issue.

There's a couple of ways to access support for this depending on the theme you are using:

Free theme from Shopify

If you're using the free theme Debut, then you do have the option to toggle the header alignment from the theme customizer as shown below:

cbz9c-mmayi

jey17-q9lmf

If this doesn't fix the issue, or if you're using any of the other free themes from Shopify, then you can contact Shopify Support to raise a support ticket for theme customization. To do this head to the Help Centre, log in, and select the chat, callback, or email option to connect with a Support Advisor. I recommend selecting the chat option for the quickest support.

Third-party paid theme

If you purchased your theme from the Shopify theme store, or directly from a third-party, I recommend reaching out directly to the theme developer for support. 

This help doc from the Shopify Help Center is a good resource. Also, before you start the support process here are a few questions I recommend making note of and answering to help troubleshoot and diagnose:

1.  Have you installed any new apps recently?
2. Have you made changes to any theme code recently?
3. Are you able to replicate the issue on more than one desktop?
4. How long has this been happening?

Hope this helps point you in the right direction! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to sing out here.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

gcbb
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I am using the Shopify Theme called "Boundless". Can you help me with that?

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Thank you for confirming your theme, Boundless. Great choice!

The announcement banner for this theme should automatically convert to a central alignment when viewed from a mobile device:

v7luh-42z1v

I advise contacting Shopify Support to raise a support ticket for theme customization. To do this head to the Help Centre, log in, and select the chat, callback, or email option to connect with a Support Advisor. I recommend selecting the chat option for the quickest support.

Cheers!

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

@gcbb I just noticed your forum post title includes 'banner images'. My apologies, I think I misinterpreted your initial question.

I found this forum post on a similar subject that is marked as solved. It looks like a snippet of code was added to the Boundless theme to make the images align centrally when viewing the store from a mobile device. 

Hope it helps!

gcbb
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Eunice,

Thank you for attempting to help. However, the issue is not my mobile view. The issue is my desktop view.

The banner images are centered absolutely fine from a mobile view. My struggle and disappointment is that the banners are either to the left or to the right from the desktop view. 

I am running out of time and I have missed my deadline for promoting my Spring collection (3/21), because I do not want to drive anyone to my site with it looking this way from a desktop view.

At this point I am quite aggravated because it feels as though I am going around in circles to no avail. I just want someone to fix it. 

If I have to pay that is quite fine but I am running out of time and I have missed my deadline.

Again the mobile view is fine it is the desktop view that is not. Can you send me a link to someone who can fix this for me immediately?

www.glocultureboutique.com

Thank you.

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Apologies for all of the confusion @gcbb 

The quickest way to get account-specific support is to log in to the Help Centre and select the chat option to connect with a Shopify Support Advisor. There is also the option to email, or schedule a callback, but for immediate assistance, I recommend selecting chat. 

All the best.