My Shipping rates are getting combined and it’s too expensive for customers

megansns
Excursionist
23 1 8

Hi all, I have a new Shopify store with a range of products but to explain my issued I’d like to use the following simplified example:

I have product A, that is configured to ship using an envelope. Let’s say that costs £2 to ship

I have product B that is configured to ship using a small parcel, let’s say this costs £4 to ship.

If a customer orders both product A and B, they get charged £6 postage as it combines the rates. Whereas I could actually put product A inside the parcel for B.

How do I have intelligent shipping calculation where it figures out what products can be shipped together to save on postage?

Replies 4 (4)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, there!

My name is Dallas and I'm from Shopify's Social Care Team. I would love to help you out with this! I actually have not one but two suggestions for you. 

1. Better Shipping
2. Advanced Shipping Rules 

Both of these suggestions are apps. These will allow you to be a lot more specific when it comes to the cost of shipping and setting up product based shipping rates or shipping rate bundles which is what will help to solve your current issue.

Have you had a chance to look over either of those yet?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

megansns
Excursionist
23 1 8

Thanks il try these out.

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Wonderful! Please let me know if you need any further help with anything. 

In the meantime, have a great rest of your day! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Andrewjn220
Excursionist
16 0 5

More switch and bait, Shove more mediocre apps that continue to drive cost.