My Shopify Store won't scroll on iOS

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hello friends and Shopify experts out there!

Since this morning, I have an issue with my Shopify store. On iOS, and only iOS, I can't seem to scroll down or up. I can scroll only when the page loads, but after that, it won't move, except when I'm using two fingers, which is not supposed to. On desktop, no problem. On Android, no problem. On iOS, whether it's Safari, Chrome or Firefox, nothing moves after the page's loaded.

FYI, it started this morning, and we haven't touched the theme since Friday, so 5 days later.

Has it happened to anybody here? Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @yannforte

I'd be happy to look into that for you. What's your store's URL? As well, have you had anyone else try it on their iOS device to check if it's isolated to your own? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @Brie,

Apart from me, two colleagues and two customers are having the same issue (that we know of).

You can check it out on en.maillard.co  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @yannforte

Thank you! I was able to replicate that on my end as well. Have you recently added any new apps or made any other coding changes to your theme? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @Brie 

The last app was added a few weeks ago, so I don't think that did it.

And like I said, the last time we "played" inside the theme's code was on Friday, 5 days ago. The issue started this morning.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
397 28 61

Hi @yannforte 

I was going to write the below, but then I checked your storefront on Safari iOS and I was able to scroll. Assuming this issues has been fixed since the post. 

Whenever I have scrolling issues I always check the CSS. Most of the time it's the z-index value that needs to be higher or lower. You may have an overlay that won't let the user scroll the actual page. Could be JS too. 

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Theme Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Hosted solutions | Lifetime support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @yannforte

In contrast to the above message, I still seem to experience the error on your store on my end. Are you using a free Shopify theme, or a third party theme?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @brie

Indeed, the problem hasn't been fixed yet. We are in communication with PixelUnion, which are the third-party developers of our theme.

They told us they might have fixed the issue overnight, but unfortunately it didn't work. We are still in contact with them, and they are apparently working on something else for us. If it doesn't work today, we might just have to revert to the former theme version we have.

Or if you think there is something else I could do?

To @achieveapplabs,

When you talk about z-index, I wouldn't know what to do about it since I'm not a programmer. I found this topic: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Changing-the-z-index-for-header-and-footer/td-p/48461...   Would it do something? If yes, where do I change that or add it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 24 69

Hi, @yannforte

That's great. Let me know when they back to you if it's still not resolved, and I can take a look in your backend to see if it might not be theme related. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
397 28 61

Hi @yannforte ,

I understand however it requires testing to find which direction to go. The z-index is a CSS concept so what I'm saying the issue could be with the stylesheet, it could be javascript, it also could be a browser update to Safari that caused all of this. Before I let my curiosity get the best of me, has PixelUnion gotten back to you? 

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Theme Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Hosted solutions | Lifetime support
0 Likes