My abandoned cart checkouts are not sending to customers properly

pinkrainbow1
11 0 0

Hi,

i tested my stores abandoned cart emails and received this instead of the template :

Message from (My Store Name)

My customers are receiving empty abandoned cart emails - please help/advise 

thank you so much!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Hi, @pinkrainbow1!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of abandoned checkout emails. These are a great way to recover abandoned checkouts, since they provide customers with a convenient link to complete the purchase if they choose.

How did you test out your abandoned checkout email? Did you use the Send test email feature? You can find this in Settings > Notifications > Abandoned checkout > Actions > Send test email. This is the easiest way to test out a notification. When you test out a notification this way, the test email will be sent to the same email address you use to log into your Shopify admin.

Within the same Actions menu, you'll also notice a Preview option. Does this look the same as the test email you received, or is the preview looking correct on your end? 

If you have edited the notification template at all, I also recommend selecting the Revert to default option to restore the original version. This typically resolves formatting issues like this and I'm curious to know if this helps. You can access the Revert to default option at the bottom of the page when viewing the abandoned checkout notification template. 

Lastly, it would also be helpful to know if you are using any email marketing apps to send these emails, as that could be causing this issue. 

While we're on the topic, I also wanted to share our guide on how to automatically apply discounts to abandoned checkout emails. This is an excellent way to offer customers an incentive for completing their purchase. 

I hope this helps and I'm looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
pinkrainbow1
11 0 0

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for your response! 

“Did you use the Send test email feature? You can find this in Settings > Notifications > Abandoned checkout > Actions > Send test email. This is the easiest way to test out a notification.”

This isn’t working for me. The Send test emails works for every other notification except for the Abandoned Checkout one. I don’t receive any email to my account when i do this. 

I tested it by attempting to make an order on my store and leaving it. Then going to my stores customers abandoned checkouts section and swiping on my name and sending it there. (hope that’s clear)

I already reverted to default but still not working sadly. I don’t think i have any marketing apps installed.

Could you possibly look into my store with the store access? Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 261

Thanks for following up! 

It's definitely odd that sending the Send test email function isn't working for you on the abandoned checkout emails, and that generating a real abandoned checkout isn't doing the trick either. At this point, having a member of our Support team access your admin to look into this will be the best course of action.

However, I'm unable to access store admins from here within the Community Forums, so you'll just need to contact Support directly. Our live Support team will be able to authenticate your account and further investigate this issue.

Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog