My logo is always compressed badly.. (DEBUT THEME)

4 0 0

My logo looks so bad! I tried to upload JPEG PNG Transparents compressed high quality almost everything! even 10kb image!
How can I stop this bad compression my logo looks so blurry!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9837 61 1409

Can you share a link to the store? Very hard to give any design advice if we can't see what you're seeing.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
4 0 0
0 Likes
4 0 0
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 9

I took a look at your site, and it looks to me like the issue has to do with the javascript plugin (looks like LazySizes to me) the theme developer is using to create responsive images. When I look at the site on a very large screen, it looks fine.  When I reduce the viewport to 1366x768, the logo looks blurry, but if I then adjust the width by even 1px, the image clears up. The JS plugin isn't selecting the correct image file for the page when the page initially loads, but then when the page adjusts, it selects the correct one.  Looks like a bug.

SO... I only make custom themes for Shopify, so I'm not at all familiar with Debut, or the common techniques mass theme developers use.  If it were me, I would disable the lazysizes plugin for the logo.  It may be as simple as removing the 'lazyload' class from the image in the template (the plugin searches the page for that class, then applies it's mojo to those images).  Unfortunately, if you aren't comfortable with code editing, that's probably not an option.

You could also try uploading an SVG version of your logo.  SVG files are vector image files, that will scale to any size without losing the clarity of the image.  Whoever designed your logo should easily be able to supply you with an SVG version, but I can't say for sure the theme you're using supports SVG.  SVG is super common nowadays, especially for logos, so it should support them.  I always use SVG files for logos whenever possible.

Anyway, that may not be much help, but that's about the best I can do for you.  Hopefully that at least points you in the right direction.  Good luck!  🙌

0 Likes