My shopify pages are not displaying title tags

pallavi0301
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi All,

I checked my website on the SEO tools like MOZ and SEMRUSH etc and they say I have 35 pages with duplicate title tags. When I checked, it shows up as "American Express " . On further checking , I see that none of the other pages are showing up as title tags either . I am using Debut theme. 

Questions :- 

1)I had installed and installed a few SEO apps . Did they mess it up?  Or is this the default behaviour ?

2) Can I fix it for all my products by changing theme.css ? Or do I have to do it one by one ? 

3) Can I target the keywords I want in title tags or have to use whats showing up on the page for the customer ? 

4) If I change my theme to a paid one, would I have to change all this again and do the SEO again ?

Two examples of affected pages :- 

https://decormantra.com.au/collections/table-linen/products/sea-breeze-tablecloth 

https://decormantra.com.au/collections/table-linen/products/pine-cone-tablecloth-classic-black-and-w...

Thanks all

Pallavi

Replies 4 (4)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @pallavi0301,

Hyde here from Shopify.

It sounds like third-party tools are indicating there are errors in your SEO. While this isn't necessarily accurate, it is certainly worth looking into further.

I would recommend cross-referencing your store with our SEO guide here. If you've used third-party apps to help with SEO and/or edited the theme code, it's quite possible it may affect how your store is displayed on search engines and on third-party apps. Of course, you could always roll back your theme code to an earlier version before you implemented said app/code changes.

Shopify does offer native tools to help with how your metadata is displayed on search engines (more information on that here). For example, on each product page you can edit the metadata:

21-04-3wz2j-4wvxc

It may be best to reach out to the app developers and ask them to help you remove any possible residual code from their apps in your theme because extra code can also slow your website loading times down significantly.

I hope all that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

jorgenovo04
Tourist
10 0 1

I've been experiencing the same issues with the same theme "debut". I have checked my Title and meta description 

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.45.51 AM.png

however when I use a third extension on google to see if it displays it does not identify that I have one. It used to say mastercard, american express; basically everything I had on my footer. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.48.19 AM.png

zachg
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Pallavi,

I see the two links you had as examples are fixed. Can you please let me know how you were able to fix this? Thanks!

SanRoccoItalia
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi Pallavi,

I am also having this problem. How did you fix it?