My store still allows customer to order out of stock products for some reason

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I set all my products to not be allowed to order once item is out of stock. I am using variants for products as well. But on that time to time it is happening that customer orders product, which is already out of stock. Now I have suspicion that it is happening when customer puts something in cart, and comes later.

It look on fundamental flaw in system.

Any help?

shop address is bestbutcher.in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
582 69 93

@Milan_Dolansky ,

Please go to admin -> products -> Inventory and check the settings "when sold out". Shopify allows you to set this to continue selling. Which is a likely case 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

That is the funny thing it is set everywhere not to allow selling when sold out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
582 69 93

@Milan_Dolansky ,

Might sound surprising, the default option comes from POS background of Shopify where they believe that if someone is selling at the counter he /she knows that they have product whether its tracked in inventory or not. Also for unconstrained product like digital products this doesn't apply.

I hope for now your issue is resolved

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Is there any Shopify help line or email, this sounds really like bug in product, they have to address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same issue.  For instance,  Product "1" is set to not sell when out of inventory.  The problem is product "1" is still available in my online store.  Therefore I'm still getting orders trickling in for product "1"  How can I make it not available when out of stock?  Do I manually have to do this?

0 Likes