Mystery Direct Traffic?? Hacking, any solutions

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
22 0 4

Hi all, 

I think my site is being hacked or currently attempting hacking.. Since yesterday I have been getting a sudden sharp increase in traffic +1k per day and increasing when looking at Analytics the traffic is (Direct traffic) (Source None) (Location many different countries).... No website actions all on home page. 

Can shopify help look into server side log files to see if they can find a source? 

Any suggested solutions. Anyone with the same problem. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 4

i think it was a 1 day thing because of social promotion nothing serious, today everything is fine. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 4

This seems to be a daily bot that spams the website from many different countries and ips. closer to an ip hopper with vpn servers from all over the world accessing the website home page for 1 second then leaving. it can be solved in google analytics by filtering out this spam traffic, but what about the website itself is there a way to install a script of some sort to filter out this kind of spam traffic ? 

0 Likes
1 0 0
Did you find any solution for your hacking problem? I’ve got the same problem on my online store.
0 Likes