NEED SERIOUS EMAIL HELP

Leatherpunk
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

The emails customers are sending me are not reaching me. When a customer sends me an email, it's being forwarded to my spam folder. Customer clicks on my email address from my contact page, which forwards to my Gmail account.

I unflagged every message, did a test and it's still happening, contacted my domain host and they verified there's no black listing of my domain. I did find this excerpt from a shopify article, wondering if this has something to do with it:

If you're using an email address that's associated with a custom domain, then you need to add the Shopify Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) records to your domain’s DNS settings.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
820 73 140

HI @Leatherpunk 

Hope you're having a great day!

Have you verified your domain with Google Search Console? I highly recommend that you enable Google Search Console for your domain and submit the sitemaps of your store. This will solve your problem. Changes can take up to 48 hours to be validated by Google.

Useful resources:

Finding and submitting your sitemap

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425
0 Likes
Leatherpunk
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

Thank you! Yes, my domain has been verified with google.  This is not the issue because it only started happening about two months ago, my domain has been active for years with no issues like this. Dotster, the place my domain is registered, made some changes that coincide with when this started happening. I used to be able to log into my domain and change things like the cname, and now I can't. 

Additionally, after using an email checker, I also learned my email is on at least one blacklist, and I didn't do anything to cause that.

0 Likes