Narrative Theme: Remove Price When It's Zero

Solved
Kay30
Excursionist
42 3 7

I want to remove the price for products on the product card when the price is zero.  I basically don't want to show zeros when the product is free.  Can someone help me please?

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, please find the following in product-grid-item.liquid file:

<p class="product__grid__title">{{ product.title }}</p>

Add {% if current_variant.price >0 %} just below it in a new line.

Then, similarly find <span class="unit small">{{ current_variant.unit_price | money }}{{ unit_price_separator }}{{ unit_price_base_unit }}</span>

and add {% endif %} in a new line just below it.

If this does not solveyour problem entirely, you may need to make a similar change in product-liquid file after <span data-product-price...

Kay30
Excursionist
42 3 7

@neeravmakwana Thank you.  The solution worked.  I just had to go to a different file and also look for the price code as it was a little different than what you provided.  I am tech savvy so I was able to figure it out using the information you gave me. 

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32

That's wonderful. I hope this time my instructions are better.

Can you please search for <p class="product__price text-center{% if current_variant_sale %} product__price in featured-product.liquid and {% if current_variant.price >0 %} just above it.

Just after that class ends (</p> around line 91), please add {%- endif -%}

0 Likes
janiecolbaugh
Excursionist
14 1 3

Hello, I need to remove the price from being displayed with the product price is set to zero. I have attempted to use the info above but I do not have that particular snippet as an option. I have also searched for that code to no avail.  I am using the Express theme. I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Many thanks! 

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32
Hi, can you please create a new topic/thread for this. That will help
others trying to do this for express theme.

Thanks.

(please send me a private/direct message when the new topic is created).
0 Likes