Solved

Can I make dropdown menu titles in Shopify unclickable?

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Hello all,

My shop is shop-cnlselectronics.co.uk and the password is hello.  In my navigation menu, I have numerous dropdown lists which is all working well and happy with how everything seems.  however, you can still click on the First menu option "phone parts" for example.  How can I make the menu bar titles that have dropdowns, not clickable?

Thanks,

Steven

Accepted Solution (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @CNLSElectronics 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. If you do not want the parent links in the navigation to lead anywhere, you can replace the links with hash/pound sign. 

Steps:

1. Go to Online Store > Navigation and select the menu that you are working on.

2. Click Edit beside one of the parent links and then click the X beside the link in question.

3. Replace the link with # 

4. Repeat this with every parent link and click Save

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 13 (13)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. If you do not want the parent links in the navigation to lead anywhere, you can replace the links with hash/pound sign. 

Steps:

1. Go to Online Store > Navigation and select the menu that you are working on.

2. Click Edit beside one of the parent links and then click the X beside the link in question.

3. Replace the link with # 

4. Repeat this with every parent link and click Save

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo 

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Bo,

Thank you so much, works great! Knew it would be something simple I was overlooking. 

Thanks again

Steven

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Bo or anyone else who can  help,

Ive noticed when on the homepage, when you click the menu button, while the nav bar is open, half the header with "menu" and "account" in it disappears, how can i stop that from happening?

also, it seems the announcement bar has now vanished behind the header. It shows okay on mobile but on PC its behind the black header.

any help is appreciated.

Steven

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Okay ive fixed the header disappearing but just the announcement bar thats missing now

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Apologies for the delay in response here. I can see that your page is operating correctly now. What did you do to resolve this? 

Speak Soon,

Bo

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Bo,

no worries at all.  

I followed the below thread.  I couldn't figure out why the promo bar was hiding behind the header so i thought, why not move it to the top of the page. So i followed the thread below and it shows up fine. So why it was hiding in the first place is still a mystery but maybe something to do with size of the logo or something like that pushing the header height down too far, im not 100%.

Here is the thread anyway:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Moving-the-Promotions-Bar-to-the-top-Venture-Theme/td...

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

In fact, i guess while you are here you might be able to help 🙂 

On my other store (www.cosmeticalbeauty.co.uk).  I think i have mastered everything on there up until this one part i cant figure out.  On the checkout page, the logo in the top right corner is absolutely tiny. Its set to its largest but i cant find the size in CSS to be able to enlarge it. Are you able to advise if this is possible?

Thanks,

Steven

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey again! 

The checkout CSS is not something that has been made available to merchants for security reasons - were the CSS of the checkout available we would not be able to ensure the security of said checkout. Your best option would be to resize your logo image file to make it larger and then upload it into the theme. This simple image resizer should do the trick. 

All the Best,

Bo 

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

That makes sense actually now you mention it!  The image im using is 3000x2000px so it should be more than enough be able to see without wearing my binoculars 😁

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Thank you for confirming! So I took a close look at the image on your checkout and it appears to be a cropping issue. When you look at the file itself there is a lot of space left completely vacant, forcing the actual logo to look tiny. Take a look: 

You will need to crop the image and then resize the remainder. That should do the trick. 

All the Best,

Bo

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Thanks Bo, removed some of the space now and its enlarged ever so slightly. i guess we will have to leave it at that 🙂 i did want it so it was easy readable but its maybe not possible

CNLSElectronics
Tourist
15 0 1

Hi Bo (any anyone else who could help),

Are you able to advise how to reduce the height of all the options in my nav bar? There seems a good bit of wasted space above and below the text. I would rather the height of each option was just the height of the text or even a tiny bit bigger.

Thanks,

Steven

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @CNLSElectronics ! 

Taking a look at your navigation on your cosmetics store, it looks as though your Navigation is as small as possible. It is this size for accessibility - any smaller and it would be rather hard to click on. We would not consider this wasted space. This kind of change would not be supported by Shopify as it would make your store harder to navigate. 

All the Best,

Bo