Navigation link to collection not showing all products

mmennana
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello,

Products have been added to a "women's collection". We confirmed that the products have the proper tags (see screenshots Collection Image #1,#2). However, when we go to the online store and click on the link that should display all the women's shoes that have been added, we get an error message saying "no products in collection" ( website image #1). 

We checked the navigation/link to make sure that the "women's shoes" link is linked correctly to "women's shoes" collection (navigation menu image #1)

Collection image #1 

mmennana_0-1624945951244.png

Collection Image #2

mmennana_1-1624945952159.png

Website image #1 (women's shoes error)

mmennana_2-1624945952156.png

Navigation menu image #1 

mmennana_3-1624945952158.png

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 56 133

Hi, @mmennana!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

This seems very strange! Let's see if we can do a little bit of troubleshooting here and get this sorted.

I can see that your collection and products are published and live from looking at your screenshots. I see that you also have products that have successfully been added to your collection. So what we want to test is to see if the smart collection's tags are having trouble with filtering or appearing properly on the site.

Try this within your collection's settings:

1. Choose any existing condition (e.g. "Product tag is equal to cake") and add a copy of that exact same condition. This way we force the smart collection to update while avoiding introducing unwanted products into the collection.
2. Save the change
3. Delete the duplicated condition and save it again
4. Check to see if the issue has resolved

In some cases, it may take a few minutes, but it shouldn't be long until you see the collection's products show up.

If this doesn't help to get that collection show, we'll want to authenticate you and review what is happening inside the admin with you. For this, we would need you to book a callback or chat with us to help you. You can find our contact options in our Help Center.

I took notice of your product titles while viewing your screenshots. They sound good! The only advice that I'd like to mention is to shorten them a little. This isn't going to impact the collection's function, but it'll impact the customer experience.

Try to keep the titles around 3-4 words long at most. Your descriptions will be a great place to keep your keywords within a high-quality written description. However, the titles work best without redundancies and making them simple to read. You can incorporate the most important keywords, but also make it really easy for your customers to quickly understand what the product is.

I have usually recommended merchants to include these to formulate product titles:

1. The 1 best unique feature that sets the product apart from all others in your store or competition
2. Unique brand name (also can be a non-descriptive name you give the product like Janet or Aeroready)
3. Type of product (sneakers, socks, etc)

On one of the products in your screenshot you have Women's Casual Breathable Lace less Sneakers. So with that, you can have a product title like the following examples:

• Lace-Free Breathable Sneakers
  • Breathable Janet Sneakers
  • Mora Life No Lace Sneakers

Of course, you know your products the best so you'll need to formulate the best combination of words. Keep it simple and easy to view. Remember that most shoppers will be on mobile devices and those long titles can take up prime real estate for your site.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes