Solved

Need Help ASAP Please - Debut Theme

SeaSpray
Shopify Partner
24 0 1

There is a website overseas that is illegally linking to my website. I have been getting tons of chats and phone calls from their customers saying "I want a refund" or "where is my order". I'm trying to figure out the best plan of action and need advice.

Here what they are doing https://www.creativegiftss.com/pages/contact-us on the bottom of the page click "send" button ( you don't need to fill out any info ) and it directs you to my website https://seasprayjewelry.com/challenge#contact_form .

I have been trying to do a redirect back to their website if the user comes from creativegiftss but have not been successful.

Can anyone help me figure out this issue or suggest another solution.

I know someone is going to say contact them but its kind of hard when they don't have any contact info except for mine.

I have submitted a report and talked to shopify but nothing has been resolved.

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@SeaSpray 

This is more of a legal issue than a technical one.

Unfortunately besides contacting Shopify there's not much that we, as developers and fellow merchants, can help you with.

A potential solution would be identifying via Javascript whether the captcha is being activated through an external website, but that is treating the issue superficially instead of actually fixing the root cause of the problem. 

Additionally you are using recaptcha, so bots are definitely being filtered.

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@SeaSpray 

This is more of a legal issue than a technical one.

Unfortunately besides contacting Shopify there's not much that we, as developers and fellow merchants, can help you with.

A potential solution would be identifying via Javascript whether the captcha is being activated through an external website, but that is treating the issue superficially instead of actually fixing the root cause of the problem. 

Additionally you are using recaptcha, so bots are definitely being filtered.

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.