Need Help with Additional Script Checkout Status Page

glitterherz
3 0 0

I am trying to add an additional script to add a message on the checkout status page when certain items are purchased. I have tried using the following script in the additional scripts box without success. I hope someone can help.I am using Shopify Basic.

I want to have the message diplayed for three different named items.

<script>
{% for line in checkout.line_items %}
// DEBUG looking at {{ line.title }}
{% if line.title == 'Itemname' %}
Shopify.Checkout.OrderStatus.addContentBox(
'<p>message here</p>'
)
{% endif %}
{% endfor %}
</script>

0 Likes
glitterherz
3 0 0

Anyone?

0 Likes
glitterherz
3 0 0

Still looking for help

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 60 58

Hi @glitterherz 

Thank you for reaching out to our community forums for help with customizing your checkout status page. I understand you want to add a customized message when customer buy certain products on your store. 

At this time, stores on the standard Shopify plans are not able to access the "Checkout" or "Shop" liquid content on your store. This is to help maintain the security of the checkout for yourself and your customers. The additional scripts field is restricted to allowing Google Analytics scripts only and can't be used for customization. You can learn a bit more about this in our Help Center.

You may be able to instead customize the order confirmation email to include the optional message instead of the thank you page at the checkout. If you can share a bit more of your desired end goal I'd be happy to look into that for you.\

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes