Need help editing SMS Order Confirmation template to show a nicely formatted shipping address?

cerese912
5 0 0

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a bunch of customers putting the wrong address and only noticing after the shipping notification sends. This is causing me to lose money.

I noticed that lot of these people had SMS notifications turned on. The default template already has a link to the order status page, but I know people using their phones won't click it to double check anything.

I figured I'd put their shipping address directly in the SMS so they can see it upfront.

I added the following snippet to the template:

PLEASE double-check your shipping address. Once a package is shipped, the address cannot be corrected.

{% if order.shipping_address %}
{{ order.shipping_address | format_address }}
{% endif%}

The shipping address appears but the output appears like this in the sample/test notification I sent to myself:

PLEASE double-check your shipping address. Once a package is shipped, the address cannot be corrected.

Steve ShipperShipping Company123 Shipping StreetShippington KY 40003United States

I guess it gets the job done but it looks a bit unprofessional...and it's kinda hard to read considering my intention is to get people to double-check.

How do I fix this formatting for SMS?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes