Need help with product description

mxssoud
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey! I have a really annoying issue. I have a one product store and i want to showcase everything on the homepage since there ismt much to show. When I add a "Featured Product" on my Theme "Brooklyn", my product showcases although does not show the Details of product. It says" Full Details", although I want the full product description to appear right under this. I have searched this up and saw multiple solutions although it never worked for me, guessing every theme varies maybe. Please Help me with this!

Thanks

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

Hey there, @mxssoud 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. This is possible to do with a little bit of coding. This tutorial is specific to an unedited version of the Brooklyn theme. We cannot guarantee results for themes that have been modified with custom coding and/or apps. We suggest hiring a Shopify Expert if you are not comfortable proceeding with the following tutorial, or wish to make any variations to this tutorial.

NB When editing the CSS of your theme it is always a good idea to duplicate your theme first and making the changes on the duplicate. This will prevent any errors from occurring on your live site. We also recommend adding CSS to the bottom of the file as opposed to altering the preexisting code. The new code will overwrite the previous code.

1. Go to Online Store > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Code. 
    2. Open the product-template.liquid and copy the following code on line 330: 
                <div class="product-single__description rte" itemprop="description">
                  {{ product.description }}
                </div>

{% if section.settings.social_sharing_products %}
                  {% include 'social-sharing', share_title: product.title, share_permalink: product.url, share_image: product %}
                {% endif %}

03-16-mfu3k-ivfu2

1. You will then open the featured-product.liquid and scroll to line 166 or right before " <a class="product-single__full-details text-link"{% unless section_onboarding %} href="{{ product.url }}?variant={{ current_variant.id }}"{% endunless %}>"
    03-22-ttzaw-3kovn
  2. The finished product should look like this: 03-24-2mkdp-shgo0
  3. Click Save. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

0 Likes
mxssoud
Tourist
4 0 1

Wow!!! Was thinking it wouldn't work! Thanks a lot man it worked perfectly!!!!

0 Likes
mxssoud
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey was also wondering how to remove "Full details" from the bottom. The full description now shows on my homepage, however the full details button is still there. Thanks!

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1748 194 436

Great question, @mxssoud! You can remove the "Full Description" tab by adding a {% comment %} at the start of line 175 and {% endcomment %} at the end of line 177 surrounding:

<a class="product-single__full-details text-link"{% unless section_onboarding %} href="{{ product.url }}?variant={{ current_variant.id }}"{% endunless %}>
          {{ 'products.product.full_details' | t }} <span class="icon icon-arrow-right" aria-hidden="true"></span>
        </a>

The end result will look like this:

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

ChiragV
Tourist
12 0 1

omg Thank you so so so much 

been looking EVERYWHERE for thissss

especially cuz brooklyn theme

much appreciated brother!!