Need to fix left-over text on header in Collections page - Brooklyn theme

filiiva
4 0 0

Hello, I need to urgently fix header of my collections and cart pages in my shopify store. The header has somehow left with some residual arrow keys (">">) and it appears as a bar on all of my collections and cart page making my site look awful. There's no issue on home page or product page. Can someone please help me fix this urgently?

I may have had used multiple apps for banners and removed them and now have no clue where is this coming from? Site_error.JPG

0 Likes
filiiva
4 0 0

Appreciate any help on this? This is really impacting my customer's experience on website.

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Please share your store URL, page URL and also password (if your store has one), I'll help you out to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Tutorials: Minimal theme product pages slideshow | Debut Theme product pages slideshow
◦ Looking to hire a reliable Shopify developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
filiiva
4 0 0

Hi Diego,

Thanks for replying.

My store is live - https://filiiva.com 

Page URL - https://filiiva.com/collections/dresses (This actually happens on any collection page under navigation).

Also, you can see same behavior on About Us> FAQs and About Us Page as well (Doesn't happen on Contact Us page though).

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

0 Likes

@filiiva 

This is due to a typo that is likely on your header.liquid or theme.liquid file, but it could be somewhere as well.

When you or your developer inserted some code there s/he accidentally added an extra pair of "> which makes seem as if it's broken but it's nothing serious at all.

Ideally you'll need a Shopify developer to take a look at your files and clean it up for you, should be very simple to do for a professional.

Alternatively eventually someone in the community may offer to help you, be added as a developer to your store and fix it with no charges.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Tutorials: Minimal theme product pages slideshow | Debut Theme product pages slideshow
◦ Looking to hire a reliable Shopify developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
filiiva
4 0 0

Hi Diego,

I got this fixed now. Your suggestion pointed me to check each line on "theme.liquid" and I removed below code to fix this for all.

{% include 'social-meta-tags' %}

Looks like one of the apps had this residual when I uninstalled it.

Thanks to you again.

0 Likes

Hello, 

you're welcome, thank you for the update! Please make sure to click on the button "Accept as Solution" below my answer to help other people in the community with similar issues.

Thank you

0 Likes