New Google GTAG.JS Implementation (Will this interfere with original tag?)

BANG_Clothes
1 0 0

Hello, I hope you are all well. I received an email from google stating that they have launched their new GTAG (Global tag) and that I should upgrade from my original Analytics.js tag.

Originally, all I had to do was take my tracking ID number from analytics and plug it into my "preferences" under the "online store" tab and shopify would take care of the rest. (for the analytics.js tag)

I went to check out the new GTAG.js and I see that it is a script instead of just a tracking ID. Now my question is: If I paste this script into the header of every page I want to track (as directed by google's implementation guide) will this interfere with my current analytics tag that is installed? If this won't interfere, may someone please explain to me the exact steps in which I should take to upgrade my tag to the new GTAG.js. Moreover, once this new tag is implemented, will I have to remove the original Analytics.js?

Another question that I have is, is the GTAG.js supported by shopify as of now or is this something that will be introduced in the future?

I appreciate all of your help. 

Best regards,

Gerya Freitas 

0 Likes
svig
Tourist
12 0 2

Same question here, would appreciate if someone from Shopify could help on this topic, Txs

0 Likes
Jonathan_Bobrow
1 0 0

+1 for a response from support.

best,

jb

0 Likes
svig
Tourist
12 0 2

I am new here, is it so common that no one at Shopify come here to answer and give advise ??

0 Likes