New Order Emails

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 3 65

Hi, again - I just thought of something.  Light bulb just went on... On my admin dashboard, I go to Settings | Notifications | Staff Order Notifications | Templates section | click New Order.  That code is what is being replaced, correct?  And I should backup what's there by default in case need to revert back.

Thanks, please confirm.  I'm so new at this.

Yes, exactly. So copy & past the content from the file I sent you in there, save, and test with an order. It should have everything you need in there now. 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hi, Jordan - Thanks for all your help with this.  Well, we are getting closer.  I've made the changes to the new order notification template with the content you provided.  I'm just not getting the needed {{ order.note }} and {{ delivery-date }}.  Not sure if these are the exact properties to include in the code.  The details we need.  Appreciate any additional tips.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 3 65

Just to confirm: are you testing with an actual order and note? I think the email has a condition to check whether there's a note included, otherwise it won't show in the email copy. 

As for the delivery date, where exactly is the delivery date captured/set for the buyer? in the cart page? 

0 Likes